Middle left back pain for years please help! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Middle left back pain for years please help!

Options
thales252
thales252 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Im 30 years of age. For the past 4 or 5 i have had a back pain about a inch or two below my left scapula and roughly an inch away from my spine. It hurts when i push on the front ribs. Hurts also when i sit down and and stretch/ reach forward. Feels like my my whole left ribcage is out whack. It also hurts when i breathe in. I also have alot of g.i isues like bloating, gas, belching… gerd. But the g.i symptoms havent been there the whole 4 or 5 years. The gi problems just started a few months ago. I had a scope down into the stomach and have a sliding hernia, the dr didnt really talk about it like it was a concern but then again he has a bad rep. I get full pretty fast when eating but lately my stomach feels super empty and im super hungry my stomach is always growling latley…..i had  surgery 2 months ago with the suspicion of slipped rib syndrome , i had some cartilage removed from the front of the ribs because it may have been rubbing against my intercostal nerve between the 8th and 7th ribs….. anyways yeah back back and rib pain for years with no real diagnosis and some weird gi symptoms that i dont know if they are related …… please help this is really miserable …….also i have fatigue alot too but dont know if this is related … i posted a photo in the comments of whete the pain is …. Its marked with two xs

Comments

• thales252
    thales252 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,347 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, we are not medical professionals so we won't be able to give you any medical advice. I'd advise you to speak to your GP and hopefully, they will be able to help you. If you're not happy with your current GP then can you see a different one?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @thales252 :) Thanks for joining!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing quite a few unpleasant symptoms for a little while now. That must be tough. Do you have a good support network around you?

As poppy123456 has said, we're not medical professionals, so aren't able to give expert advice or diagnoses and so on. That being said, I hope that another member who's gone through something similar is able to give you some ideas on what your next steps could be soon. I've moved your post into our 'rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions' category.

I agree that it may be worth trying to see a different doctor if you're unhappy with your current one. Would that be a possibility?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.