No one gets me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No one gets me

Options
younggirl21jc
younggirl21jc Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have bpd and bipolar as well as problems with my bottom legs no one sticks around its hard people only see what they want to see not the struggles or how it affects me on a daily basis it’s so hard at times 

Comments

• younggirl21jc
    Options
    Thanks I’m struggling to use the site how do you introduce your self get some help not much it’s hard with not being able to get face to face appointments 
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @younggirl21jc1 :) Thank you for reaching out. I am afraid it is common for people with disabilities to feel misunderstood. I acknowledged how difficult it must be for you right now. Do you ask for help? Do you accept offers of help?         

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @younggirl21jc and welcome to the community :)

You've reached out for help by posting here, and introduced yourself. I'm sure a lot of our members can relate to a feeling of not being heard or understood, but please know we are all here to support you.

Is there a part of the forum you'd like to visit, or do you have a question to ask? 

What can we do to help?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • younggirl21jc
    Options
    Thank you all helps just talking and having others that can relate 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @younggirl21jc

Welcome from me too. The majority of people on this website do feel misunderstood, myself included. The good thing about Scope is that you will not be judged for commenting on forum posts. I hope to see you commenting on posts soon  :)
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad it's helping @younggirl21jc :)

Have a browse or join in whenever you feel ready to, and as @bg844 says, you won't be judged here.

How are you finding the weekend so far?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.