Wibbles Community member Posts: 2,137 Championing
I have received a P60U today with ESA payments £0
I am not receiving ESA
I am receiving NI credits only
What's that all about? 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,121 Connected
    I’m pretty sure it’s just standard, even if you don’t get payment, because as you have just said yourself, you get NI credits. 
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 353 Empowering
    I'm not sure it is standard unless it's something they've introduced this year.

My husband's ESA claim has been NI credits only for a few years now.   He hasn't had a P60u since it changed to NI Credits only. 

But to be honest who knows?  Every year they ask about his private pension (it never increases) In case they have to reduce the ESA he receives!  Not sure how much more they can reduce it when it's NIL.

Although thinking about it, there's been a lot of people say that their NI Credits have not been credited to their account and it's affected how many years they have towards their State Pension. 

DWP have admitted that there has been a fault been going on for a few years.   Maybe Nil P60s are an attempt at rectifying the problem. 

@Wibbles have you checked your State Pension forecast recently?  Maybe check you've actually been getting those NI Credits.   I check my husband's every year and save pdf copies to be sure of it.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,503 Championing
    ShirleyW said:

Although thinking about it, there's been a lot of people say that their NI Credits have not been credited to their account and it's affected how many years they have towards their State Pension. 

This is more to do with those claiming Universal Credit than any other benefits.