Hi, my name is RonD84! Did anyone else receive £150 plus £15 extra payment today? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is RonD84! Did anyone else receive £150 plus £15 extra payment today?

Options
RonD84
RonD84 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello did anyone else on ESA receive a £150 plus a £15 Extra payment today along with there usual £270. Thanks just wondering what it might be for.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I’m assuming the £150 you’re asking about is the Council tax rebate? If so then this is paid by your local Authority so everyone will receive it at different times.
    If you’re talking about the announcement for the extra money for the cost of living from the Government the £150 is only paid to those claiming disability benefits such as PIP/DLA or AA. This payment will not be made until September.
    No idea what the £15 is for though, sorry. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Same as poppy I've no idea what the £15 would be. Was it a separate payment? Or just your general payment was around £15 higher?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is the extra £15 the pay increase 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    If in doubt, call them up. 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    I was beginning to wonder that as well. Especially if they're rounding amounts
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    MarkM88 said:
    This isn't practical or possible for everyone
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Reality is though, the way it works at the moment, if you want to know for sure then that’s how to find out, otherwise it’s guess work. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    MarkM88 said:

Indeed it isn't but this is the only way they will know for sure what that extra money is for.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    janer1967 said:

It's very unlikely to be that. For ESA Support Group without the SDP the increase was £4.05 per week. (£8.10 a fortnight) with the SDP it was £6.15 per week (£12.30 per fortnight)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks @poppy123456 was just a thought if there was part increase from prev pay period prior.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No worries. I didn't actually think of that until i seen your comment and then did the figures.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    janer1967 said:

It's very unlikely to be that. For ESA Support Group without the SDP the increase was £4.05 per week. (£8.10 a fortnight) with the SDP it was £6.15 per week (£12.30 per fortnight)
    With them saying 270 a fortnight it could be big rounding and be the increase.
    But you and everyone is right, we've no way to know, especially as they've not said if it was paid separate or not. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    janer1967 said:

With them saying 270 a fortnight it could be big rounding and be the increase.
    But you and everyone is right, we've no way to know, especially as they've not said if it was paid separate or not. 

The ESA Support Group amount without SDP is £135.35 per week, £270.70/fortnight. These are the April increase amounts. Nothing here suggests the extra money received has anything to do with their ESA.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Thank you for explaining 
  • Kendo861
    Kendo861 Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Options
    The £150 is probably mine I haven't received my ESA today,it's not due until tomorrow but they said I would be paid on weds this week@kendo861
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Kendo861 said:
    The £150 is probably mine I haven't received my ESA today,it's not due until tomorrow but they said I would be paid on weds this week@kendo861

Have you rang ESA? If not you will need to do that. One of the reasons an ESA claim can disrupt payments is if a decision's been made on another benefit like PIP. It can suspend the ESA payment. A phone call will sort this out and they can make a same day payment to you. Otherwise you'll be without money over the long bank holiday weeked.
    The same can also happen if you're claiming help with any rent through housing benefit.
  • Kendo861
    Options
    Ot thanks@poppy123456 does ESA stop if you get pip?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Kendo861 said:
    Ot thanks@poppy123456 does ESA stop if you get pip?
    No.        
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Kendo861
    Options
    Rang them @poppy123456and it's all sorted can't thank you enough @kendo861
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Kendo861 said:
    Rang them @poppy123456and it's all sorted can't thank you enough @kendo861

No worries. Glad it's sorted.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.