Gaming mouse — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gaming mouse

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,662 Disability Gamechanger
Question for the PC gamers. I can’t remember asking it here before. I have asked in other forums but didn’t get anywhere.

I currently have the gaming mouse pictured below. It has lots of buttons spread over the mouse so you can use any/all of your fingers to press a button. It’s about 10 years old and I am very used to it now and it is a big part of how I play games. However it is on its way out sadly.

It’s not made anymore and none of the other gaming mice I’ve found have the same amount of buttons - except for some that just have a sort of number pad of 12 buttons stuck on the side of the mouse which is not what I’m looking for. I want one with buttons spread all over the area of the mouse, so that you can make use of every finger.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

PS sorry if the pictures come up huge. I didn’t get an option to make them smaller.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @66Mustang I'm afraid I don't game on PC so I don't have any suggestions to make.

It is frustrating when they stop making something you're used to!

Have you tried searching for "the best 12-button gaming mice"?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 66Mustang
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi @Alex_Scope, thanks for the reply.

I have tried searching for various things, including what you suggest, but sadly it seems most of the mice that come up have the buttons all together in one place, a bit like the one below.

The rest don’t have enough buttons! :D 

I’m looking for a mouse where the buttons are nicely spread over the surface area in different places, which seems a bit of a rarity!

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Perhaps this is an option, it's a list of organisations which can make accessible or tailor made game controllers (hopefully this also includes mice!)

You can email for help, so fingers crossed someone will be able to assist, if not point you in the right direction.
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• 66Mustang
    Options
    Ooh that looks like it might be a possibility @Alex_Scope thank you!!
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    I hope so, as I think they're all cracking organisations. You're welcome :)
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi @66Mustang - please bear in mind I haven't a clue about gaming mice. Nonetheless I've had a look.
    You could try searching for 'retro gaming mice,' or look into refurbished ones.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've heard good things about the logitech hero it's quite expensive though at £35-45 and too pointy for my personal liking. I use a cheapish one from Amazon, it only has 7 buttons, two on each side and three on top, so probably not enough for you. 

• 66Mustang
    Options
    Thank you @chiarieds, I will try searching for those terms :) 

Thanks @Biblioklept I'll take a look at the Logitech. Yes the other one you mention doesn't have quite enough buttons as I play mostly World of Warcraft and there are lots of spells that you need to use on there!!

As I know you play games I wonder, have you ever played WoW?
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I had a try on it very briefly back in like 2006 but my PC at the time struggled. I've been meaning to give it another try as see it recommended and still talked about a lot but always other things to play. 
    What class do you play? I always end up playing a healer on every MMO!
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    I think it's worth giving it another try! You can play free these days up to level 20 I believe, to see if you like it.

I play rogues (2 of them lol) and a feral druid. I like being able to use stealth!

I used to like playing healers best too, but these days I do mostly solo content as I even find in-game interactions difficult!
  • Biblioklept
    edited June 2022
    Options
    In-game interactions can difficult and unpredictable but I always seem to find myself a nice little guild and the companionship can be enjoyable at times. Does WoW have guilds? Stealth made me laugh because I always try stealth classes, in a really old game I used to be a stealth healer. Weird combination but I made it work. I bet a phycologist would have a field day with why I pick stealth and healer classes lol. Good to know there's option for solo content too, some games are too much one way or the other.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Yes WoW has guilds - that's a fair point, playing with guild mates is easier for me, only, my guild is quite small so we never have enough to make a group and have to invite strangers. It's meeting and playing with strangers that I'm not so keen on as you get more arguments and things.

That said when I'm in the mood I do quite like winding up toxic players - never by speaking to them, just by doing actions like getting myself and them killed.

I've never heard of a stealth healer but if you made it work that sounds really cool!!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @barlingkimjie :) What kind of games do you play?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.