Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip... Next the tribunal... Help please

Options
Kewiix2
Kewiix2 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Sooo where to start... I put a claim into PIP for my Mental health... Everything was going well the assessor seemed abit 'get to the point'... But I was a mess so just got on with it,, I then asked for the assessment report which I recieved and to my horror she had lied and played down everything I had said... With this I phoned pip who said I need to complain which I did send a lengthy email complaint to them regarding the assessor... I then contacted pip again for a mandatory reconsideration as I was awarded 0,, I also asked for another medical assessment as the last one was all lies... However they did not offer another assessment and again the mandatory reconsideration came back as 0 because they again looked at the assessors lies... My next step is tribunal, which I want to do because this is soooo unfair,, I just need some help, advice and support on what and how I can't write bits to the tribunal without sounding like I am against anyone at all... This process has litrally made my MH worse but I don't like people downplaying how much I struggle every single second from the minute I open my eyes... Hope someone can help please... I don't have long to put in to a tribunal xx thanks in advance x

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Look here and see if there is an advice agency that can support you.
    https://advicelocal.uk/

You don’t need to say much to lodge an appeal. You, or your representative, can spend time preparing a submission after the appeal is lodged.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,962 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    :(  I can see how upset it's made you and it sucks, I'm sorry. Don't focus your tribunal on why the assessor was wrong or trying to prove them wrong or that you think they lied or downlplayed things, it needs to be about where you should have earned points and not about why they were wrong. Don't get down about the mandatory reconsideration as most of these fail. 
    It's sad and kind of wrong but it's not about how much you struggle all the time it's about whether your struggles are in the right activities to get enough points to get awarded PIP. 
  • Kewiix2
    Kewiix2 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Thank you both so much for your replies,, this really does help knowing I am not alone... Having severe anxiety is so lonely and this pip situation is not helpful at all,, I have been sooo tempted to just give up and just keep going as I am but then I think I deserve it... And not just the money side of things but just the understanding that I am not physically disabled however my mental health is just as hard and difficult to do daily stuff too x
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Kewiix2 :)  I'm glad that the above replies have been helpful! Have you had a chance to look on Advice Local yet? 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing severe anxiety, and that this is bringing up some feelings of loneliness. Are you receiving enough support to help you manage your anxiety at the moment, such as from your GP or a mental health team? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.