I won my appeal. Is it meant to be backdated the full 80 weeks? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my appeal. Is it meant to be backdated the full 80 weeks?

Options
Tanya118
Tanya118 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have recently won my Appel with pip.. I had a counsellor helping me he worked out my back dated pay what they would owe me over the 80 weeks I have been doing the Appel process. I got a payment from them yesterday and it’s not even no where near the amount I was told should be back dated I was awarded the standard rate living allowance & standard rate mobility it is supposed to be back dated 80 full weeks has anyone else had the same problem please? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,740 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    80 weeks at the rates for tax years 2021/22 would be as follows.. standard daily living £60 per week. Standard mobility £23.70 per week. Total weekly amount would be £83.70 per week.
    Rates for tax years 2020/21 would be slightly less. Rates for 2022/23 would be slightly more.
    Total figure you should have received would be around £6,600 (providing you didn't have any award before the Tribunal decision). If this isn't approximately what you received then you will need to contact PIP on 0800 121 4433.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tanya118
    Options
    Thank you all they have gave me is £2,100 I’m not sure if it’s maybe paid in two parts. I will ring them today as I haven’t received a letter yet with the payment breakdown.. 
  • schoolmum
    schoolmum Scope Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi
    Hope you get it all sorted quickly.
    If you Google pip backpay calculator there is a site that allows you to enter the to and from dates and awards given. This takes into account the rates that apply and gives you an approx figure. This was correct for mine and was only £1.60 different to the back pay I was given.
    Hope all goes well for you.
  • schoolmum
    Options
    Forgot to ask was this your first claim and award for pip as if not that would effect the amount.
  • Tanya118
    Options
    This is my first time claiming PIP I started my claim 11/10/2020 on my pip award letter it says I am due my payments from then 
  • schoolmum
    Options
    @Tanya118
    Have a quick look on the pip backpay calculator when you get a chance for an approx figure that you should be given. 
    Also I would take the advise given by @Poppy123456 and contact the helpline.
    Hope everything goes well for you.
  • Tanya118
    Options
    Just an update so I won my Appel I got my decision notice from them stating they have awarded me pip from 22/10/20 to 22/10/2024 which I was over the moon with because it has been such a long process.. Then I just received a letter from pip saying because I made a new claim in April 2021 which I asked for a form never filled it out they are only back dating me till then and because I made that new claim they are not awarding me any pip no matter what the tribunal say !! Apparently they have asked the Appel service for a correction. I am so drained with it all as I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer !! I don’t think o can’t fight this anymore this has been horrific for me.. I actually said when I got the award I don’t care about the back pay at least I was finally on pip and having some type  of income coming in I don’t know what else to do :( 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tanya118

I'm sorry to read your recent update and understand your frustration 

I am no expert and I'm sure other will help 

All I know is putting in a new claim the decision from that would cancel out the decision from the tribunal and the new claim would take affect from the date the new decision is made 

So due to this I oreshme thatz why they have only backdated to date of new claim 

What is different with your case I'd that the new claim was never completed did they ever send you a decision letter on the claim despite you not sending in the form 

I think you need some expert advice and suggest you contact welfare rights for advice 
  • Tanya118
    Options
    Hiya everyone one last update my councillor who has been helping me with my Appel rang pip yesterday and spoke with a manager.. they was very confused about the whole situation but the good news is they are going to stick with my Appel decision and give me hat I’m due in backpay also keep me on the pip award the Appel had given me :) 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Pleased to hear it @Tanya118 thank you for sharing :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
  • gemd
    gemd Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Hi did you manage to call them to ask if they’ve paid you correctly. As I’m now wondering how to work it out too. Mine is 32 weeks at both standard . Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.