ESA claim affecting PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA claim affecting PIP

Options
rosebud14
rosebud14 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Good Morning,
I posted on this site in 2021 some questions about claiming ESA. I did go ahead and start a claim but when I was rung by DWP the initial questions were quite upsetting. I was asked when I was going to recover and what medication I was taking in order to recover etc etc. As my illness is progressive I was so upset by the questions I put the phone down and I didn’t go ahead as they had also told me my GPs and consultants opinion on whether I can work would be overidden by them. Anyway I did apply for PIP later in the year and was successful after  a gruelling 2 hour interview over the phone and also after my husband rang my local MP,and he put a complaint into DWP about the interviewers attitude towards me. 
So before the opportunity runs 
out, as I have now been finished from work just over a year ago, I thought I might try and claim ESA again in order to keep up my NI contributions. So my question is if I am turned down for ESA that they might stop my PIP as well. I am really concerned about this. Also I have been sheilding and still am to a certain extent so I do not want to go into any offices to be interviewesI I think I might also need help to fill out this forms . Having recently moved to Wales I am not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,839 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your PIP won't stop because they are 2 different benefits. Whether you're entitled to any New style ESA will depend on your NI contributions in tax years April 2019 to March 2021.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.