Is this legal? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is this legal?

Options
ffiona
ffiona Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi.  I have lived in a Retirement Village for the last six years.  The following question has appeared on a Resident's Satisfaction Survey which has just been issued.  'Do you feel there should be a health assessment process in place for current residents?'
What a minefield!  No mention of this at time of purchase or in the lease.  Insensitive at best.  Is it even legal?  Are residents with health issues going to be told to leave?  Who decides on the boundaries, etc. etc.   Even if the majority of residents said 'yes' I would be interested to know whether any action could be instigated.  Should this question even be allowed to appear on the survey?
Looking forward to knowing your thoughts.  Thanks.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ffiona good morning and welcome to scope, how are you today? I'm afraid that non of us are legal experts and therefore cannot offer legal advice, could you and the other residents get together and pay for such advice?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ffiona :) Hmm, to be honest, I'm not 100% sure. I'm wondering whether perhaps Age UK may be able to advise on this? 

Is there anyone from the retirement village who you could speak to about the purpose of this question? I can see why you might find it quite worrying. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.