Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is LeaC! Finally had an assessment after lots of problems

Options
LeaC
LeaC Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I’m a cater for Lea & I saw this forum & I thought it could help her(&me lol!). She finally had an assessment after lots of problems as she suffers badly with mental health on top of her mobility issues which have hindered the process!  She had assessment on Thursday & she received txt this morning saying they’ve received report so now it’s just waiting…… I can’t tell you how unbelievably stressed out she is &just worried she won’t get it and have to go through it all again with an appeal. I pray it all goes well as she suffers from 7 mental health problems, COPD, Emphysema & mobility problems. I don’t see how she wouldn’t get it BUT you hear such terrible stories and she’s literally petrified. Im getting extremely worried about her! as it’s such a terribly stressful time right now. It’s great to have people here who understand and any advice or info would be appreciated Thanks x

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,962 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @LeaC. I hope you aren't waiting too long and she can feel more relaxed <3
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @LeaC :) It's great to have you with us!

I also hope that she doesn't have to wait too long to get the decision letter, but it can unfortunately take a while.

Is there anything she can do that usually helps her to take her mind off of something that's worrying her? 

It's also worth remembering that we mainly hear about the negative stories because people are less likely to post positive stories. If you look through the PIP category you'll still see some more positive experiences, however. 

Do you feel she's receiving enough support to help her manage her mental health conditions at the moment? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.