Hi, my name is ksenia89bf! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ksenia89bf!

Options
ksenia89bf
ksenia89bf Community member Posts: 26 Connected
edited June 2022 in Work and employment
Hi I'm Marc. 

I was recently working for a [Company name removed]*. 
I have a severe neurological disability and can't hold nothing in my hands. 

My neurological disability was never recorded on my notes at all. I was bullied by a gang of 25 bullies which made my life extremely difficult. 

I went to ACAS, but [Company]* deliberately took four months to sort my appeal out so I couldn't take my case to ACAS. 

My case was meant to take two months and it took eleven months. 

I had two serious accidents on duty and not any of them was recorded in the accident book. 

I was assaulted by a union rep, when I asked for the video evidence, it was deliberately deleted so I couldn't take no action. 

[Company]* altered my statement. 

Worse than anything accused me of sending text messages and phoning someone up, but couldn't provide me with no phone messages. 

I wrote to House of Commons, my MP, HSE, no good, nobody wanted to do anything for me. 

When you have a disability, nobody wants to do anything for you. These big companies get away with it. 

I now suffer in silence, I have my lady friend who has to prepare my food for me, a beaker as a cup, I can't use my hand's very much. I even hold a spoon, fork, knife, cup. 

I struggle badly with my neurological disability. 

I am lucky I can use speech to write technology. 

Finally I might be disabled, something I'm proud to have. I've only been unemployed for one month, but I'm determined to get another job. 

*Note from moderator: Company name has been removed from this discussion.

Comments

• JaneC_
    JaneC_ Community Volunteer Adviser Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Hello @ksenia89bf,

Sorry to hear you’ve had such a difficult time with work and wanted wish you all he best for the job search. Do look into the Scope free employment services and ask any other question you have on hear. 

Kindest wishes
    Jane
  • ksenia89bf
    Options
    (*´︶`*)♡Thanks! For all your kind suggestions, every little help is gladly appreciated. 

I've joined here recently, but I have so much to explore on this site. 

I do hope you all have a lovely and beautiful day too. 

Marc (*´︶`*)♡Thanks!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A warm welcome from me too @ksenia89bf. How are you finding Scope's forum so far? If we can do anything to help, please don't hesitate to let us know. Help is the very least you deserve  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • ksenia89bf
    Options
    A very good evening from a quiet conservation part of London. I'm finding it okay👌. I'm struggling to find a honest company who is truly Disability Confidence. I have a severe neurological disability, where I can't hold anything at all in my hand's. 

I just find it hard to get a job, one I'm now 54 year's old and have severe neurological disability. 

I've always worked since I left school. 

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,480 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ksenia89bf wish you well in finding a job, have you looked at what benefits you may be able to claim, like pip.
  • ksenia89bf
    Options
    I'm not entitled to PIP
  • ksenia89bf
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    Hi @ksenia89bf wish you well in finding a job, have you looked at what benefits you may be able to claim, like pip.
    I have now found a beautiful employment agency that supports people with a Neurological disability which is brilliant for me 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,480 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh wow that sounds possitive good luck
  • ksenia89bf
    Options
    JaneC_ said:
    Hello @ksenia89bf,

Sorry to hear you’ve had such a difficult time with work and wanted wish you all he best for the job search. Do look into the Scope free employment services and ask any other question you have on hear. 

Kindest wishes
    Jane

Thank-you for your message ▫️I will look at the employment services ▫️
    Sandy_123 said:
    Oh wow that sounds possitive good l

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.