PIP Assessors Report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessors Report

Options
Poelover
Poelover Scope Member Posts: 28 Connected
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all,
Just wondering,for those who have had telephone assessments recently,how long has it taken to hear from DWP that they've received the report?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Poelover

Thanks for asking this question :) Have you had an assessment recently? If so, how did it go?

It normally takes up to about a week, and you should receive a text to confirm it :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Poelover
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope,yes I had one last Tuesday.It went as ok as it could but you never can tell can you?
    Hopefully I'll get a text soon.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,301 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some are returned within a few hours, some within 24 hours. Others can take a few weeks, if this happens then it’s likely to be in an audit, which is nothing to worry about. It’s just them checking the assessor did their job correctly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Poelover
    Options
  • kitkat23
    kitkat23 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    Mine was 24 hours...my sons was 3 days ....we got texts to inform 
  • Poelover
    edited July 2022
    Options
    A quick update-i had my telephone assessment on the 21st June and then,on the 29th had a text saying the report had been received and I would get a decision within 8 weeks.
    I had a text yesterday saying I've been awarded PIP,unsure yet what the award is but I shall wait and see!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds hopeful @Poelover :) Let us know what happens when you get the decision letter!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Poelover
    Options
    Thanks @Tori_Scope,let's just hope I don't have a long wait or have to badger them for any money owed😂
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,301 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Poelover said:
     or have to badger them for any money owed😂

That doesn't usually happen when claiming PIP.  This is more linked to UC and the work capability assessment.
    If successfully awarded, money usually goes into your bank before you receive the decision letter. Providing you're not transferring from DLA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Poelover
    Options
    Poelover said:

That doesn't usually happen when claiming PIP.  This is more linked to UC and the work capability assessment.
    If successfully awarded, money usually goes into your bank before you receive the decision letter. Providing you're not transferring from DLA.

Well that's good to know as it's a new claim,not transferring from DLA.
  • Middleton
    Middleton Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    Options
    Poelover said:
    Poelover said:

Well that's good to know as it's a new claim,not transferring from DLA.
    You can always call DWP and ask them what the award is..This is exactly what i did. I never received a text..

It was whilst talking to them about sending in more info, that they informed me of my success and award levels and award length.
  • Poelover
    Options
    @Middleton,I hadn't thought of doing that.Its the enquiry line you ring for that info isn't it?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    yes.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Middleton
    Middleton Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    Options
    Poelover said:
    @Middleton,I hadn't thought of doing that.Its the enquiry line you ring for that info isn't it?
    Enquiry line..Sorry should have i said!.. Hopefully youve found out by now 👍

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.