Best since sliced bread — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Best since sliced bread

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
It’s an old phrase” she/he/it’s the best thing since sliced bread.”

The best thing since sliced bread that I own is a Fein power tool.

What’s the best thing since sliced bread in your opinion? (Whether you own one or not) 🙂

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As a sort of evolution of the phrase, I think the best thing since sliced bread is sliced bagels :)  Even though sliced bagels is in fact sliced bread. Did they have bagels back then though? Maybe not :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,819 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My Swiss Army knife.

I use at least one of the tools on it every day. Mostly the screw drivers, the bottle opener, the scissors and the tweezers.

I suppose it could even even slice bread if push came to shove.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What sort of price are those Swiss Army knives @66Mustang, they’ve always sounded so useful I think I might get one one day?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Options
    @leeCal they are very useful! The price depends on the size of the knife and the amount of tools on it - I believe you can get a small knife with just a blade for under £10 all the way into the hundreds for large knives with dozens of tools but IMO one of those is just a novelty and too big to carry around and use every day.

Mine has about 15 tools and cost around £40.

Here is their site with all of the current offerings.

https://www.victorinox.com/uk/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/c/SAK?ScrollPosition=0&maxResults=30

They do last a very long time, IMO one of the rare products that’s built to last a lifetime these days.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My electric cheese grater :D I know it's silly but it helps so much and I can grate everything with it and different sizes, shapes etc. And it's easier to clean than a manual one plus easier to use. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,727 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I inherited the family collection of pocket watches a few years ago, but the best of them since sliced bread was my grandads wrist watch he was given for his 21st birthday in 1931, he died 49 years ago but I still miss him.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    Options
    @woodbine I really like watches and clocks, as much as cars in fact, I would love to see them if you are willing to share a picture. I think I asked before but don’t remember seeing a picture so apologies if you already did share and I missed it. If they are private to you and you don’t want to share that’s fine as well.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.