PIP TRIBUNAL SUCCESS! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP TRIBUNAL SUCCESS!

Options
Justcheckingin15
Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So .after scoring '0' points on Daily Living and Mobility
Going Mandatory Reconsideration
D/L  6 points
Mobility 4 points
Went to Tribunal today..and Hubby got awarded Enchanced on Both!
It will be 2 years next month..so..a long journey.
I may not have got this far ..if it were not for Mike [removed by moderator]..His advice was second to none..so a massive thank you Mike.
Also thanks to @Poppy123456 and @Chiaried..very knowledgeable and helpful.
As I said before..there are some very knowledgeable people on here giving advice...Let's appreciate them..and value their input..and breatheeeee.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,672 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's freaky because i was litterally just thinking of you and wondered how he got on. That's awesome news!! YIPPEE! I'm so pleased he got the right decision in the end, even if it did take almost 2 years :neutral:
    Thank goodness he didn't change his mind and cancel the appeal!
    Thanks for the kind words too!

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
    I made sure @poppy123456 that he went through with it..He came home..happy..but totally drained..AND..Amazingly ..they decided that they had enough to go on with my paperwork alone...We did not have to speak at all!! Could not have went any better!!
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
    Thank you @Teddybear12..very happy.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh, I am so pleased @Justcheckingin15 - Mike sharing his knowledge has been so helpful to many people, but kudos to you for taking this onboard, & the advice of other helpful members; your paperwork really paid off! Hopefully you can both relax now. Thank you from me too for your kind words...this is what this forum's about....trying to help each other, & I always appreciate your input too. :)
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thats great news @Justcheckingin15 thanks for sharing 
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
    @SueHeath..Thank you...Soooo glad it is over.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
    @chiarieds..We attended in person before Tribunal..do I was totally shocked that they awarded enhanced..based on the papers before them!I was expecting to have to answer loads of questions..as the Clerk told me as Husbands Appointee..that the questions would be directed at myself(much to Hubbys relief)..but that was not even required. :)..Oh...and to add yo that good news..The award length..is 'ONGOING'.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    ...they awarded enhanced..based on the papers before them!
    These things really shouldn’t happen. If it is obvious to a tribunal from the papers that an ongoing award of enhanced rate for both components is appropriate it is absurd that DWP have not seen fit to make any award prior to this (unless you produced new evidence for the tribunal).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
    Thete was  2 pieces of evidence submitted @calcotti..although the extra points awarded..were not all on that evidence...from "0' points on Daily Living.. to '22' points.

• schoolmum
    schoolmum Scope Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Options
    @Justcheckingin15

You post was wonderful to read and i am delighted to hear such good news.

The correct advice, support and kindness always given on here by knowledgable members... freely and in their own time is invaluable and so helpful to all of us and I am so thankful I found this group.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
    @schoolmum ..thank you so very much.I do believe if I had came across this Forum BEFORE applying..that it may not have went to Tribunal at all..so big shout out again to all those eho helped..You's know who you are.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.