Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP claim ID check?

Options
ScouseSooty
ScouseSooty Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I filled out my PIP claim form and have had my telephone consultation but now they are asking me for my passport or drivers licence and a utility bill  surely they know who I am, why have they suddenly done this, Can anybody help please.

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @ScouseSooty welcome to our great group.
    The only thing i can think of is an identity check, perhaps they have more then one person with the same name or problem with your national insurance number, or even were you live.

When the group wake up hopefully someone in the know will have the answer for you. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,165 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think a passport is sometimes asked for to confirm immigration status, or if you've been living abroad that you have since lived in England/Scotland/Wales for 2 of the past 3 years normally.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @ScouseSooty and thanks for your query. 

It sounds like they need to check that information, but I'm not sure exactly what the reason is. To help everyone find your post I've moved it over into our PIP category and edited the title slightly.

If I can help with anything else in the meantime, please do ask :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.