If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Entitled to lcw 2016

Options
ITSALLLIES
ITSALLLIES Community member Posts: 39 Connected
edited July 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Refused entitlement due to dpw deciding I was in receipt of SSP 2017 which was wrong ofc 
Reapplied JSA ESA but no longer taking claims same conditions but additional problems after accident at work
Applied UC refused lcw tribunal corrected to lcw 
Still refused backdated allowance. As not entitled to additional element

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,229 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Those that claimed UC/ESA after 3rd April 2017 will not be entitled to extra money if found to have LCW. See link. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/universal_credit_work_capability_assessment
    When did you actually claim UC and report a health condition? 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ITSALLLIES
    Options
    Those that claimed UC/ESA after 3rd April 2017 will not be entitled to extra money if found to have LCW. See link. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/universal_credit_work_capability_assessment
    When did you actually claim UC and report a health condition? 

Would be in 2018
  • ITSALLLIES
    Options
    Also health conditions had been reported 2016 and further back. But the UC  2018 claim has additional problems.
  • ITSALLLIES
    Options
    I tried to read that link you sent but it kept swearing at me can you believe it says work 49 times lol throwout the whole document.
    Whilst I love working & the money I don't love the pain it puts me in!!
    So if I returned to work of any fashion is that the end of my lcw claim or, yet further down the line I suffer whiplash and a fall from ladders after being forced back to work with fake wca & DWP denying I had a health condition. Yet here I am with significantly worsened symptoms from the injuries caused at work.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Also health conditions had been reported 2016 and further back. But the UC  2018 claim has additional problems.

Did you claim ESA or UC in 2016? and did you have a work capability assessment at that time?
    Based on the 2018 claim then i'm afraid you will not receive any extra money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ITSALLLIES
    Options
    ESA 2016 no wca but had one previously 2014 where it was stated fit to work yet I have a document here that states I was awarded with lcw due to multiple problems.
  • ITSALLLIES
    Options
    I think they got my medical file in 2016 and either didn't require a wca?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What happened between 2016 and now? Sorry for all the questions but i can't help unless you give all the information. It may also be better to speak to an advice agency near you for expert advice. This way you can tell them, or take all your paper work to them for them to have a look. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

• ITSALLLIES
    Options
    What do you mean what's happened?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ESA 2016 no wca but had one previously 2014 where it was stated fit to work yet I have a document here that states I was awarded with lcw due to multiple problems.

What happened between those dates and 2018 when you claimed UC?
  • ITSALLLIES
    Options
     returned to work 2016 got rear ended march 2017 suffered whiplash went onto claim esa when it's stated SSP and refused ESA, returned to work after recovering again 2017 had a fall returned work but found I hadn't recovered from fall. And now had early oa Claimed JSA told to claim UC so I could claim esa again.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ESA and UC are 2 completely different benefits. In March 2017 when you were refused ESA if you were claiming SSP at that time then this would be why you were refused ESA because you can't be paid both at the time time. ESA can be claimed 3 months before the SSP ended but payment wouldn't start until the SSP ended.
    You can report a change of circumstances on your journal and report a worsening of health condition but you'll need to go through the work capability assessment process. You need to look at the criteria for LCWRA before doing anything else.

• ITSALLLIES
    Options
    The DWP have stated that because I claimed JSA in October 17 that they would not link the ESA to UC.
    I only claimed JSA and then began the process of handing sick notes in again unknowing that I should have claimed anything else. Certainly would help if there was some proper direction of what to actually do.
    Thanks for your help anyway poppy 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.