Pip evidence for assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip evidence for assessment

Options
Rosienelly1
Rosienelly1 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
edited July 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi
 I’m new to the group I’ve got my telephone assessment next week and I’m worried I’ve not sent enough documentation in I’ve sent 
scan,X-ray photos appointments letters off the pain clinic copy of all my conditions off the gp only in one of these letter it dose says I’m guarding walking I’m on morphine patches and lots of other medication 
I've scoliosis with degeneration disk disease and osteoarthritis all of the spine hospital have given me a tens machine and a walking stick  
My Gp  won’t do letters  for pip 
just really worried hope some thinks this is enough 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @Rosienelly1 I think what you've sent in is enough to help inform the decision. 

How are you feeling about the assessment?

Can I ask if you will you have notes or a diary to refer to in the assessment? At this stage it's important that you can explain how your conditions impact on your ability to carry out each of the PIP descriptors. If you can write down some examples of things that have happened in real life, when you tried to do something listed in the descriptors, and what happened as a result. 

Does that make sense? :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Don’t worry about the absence of a letter from your GP. They are seldom helpful. Your GP doesn’t see you trying to cook a meal, getting in and of a bath etc. A GP can, generally, only confirmed what you have been diagnosed with. Your other information will confirm this. PIP is in any case not about what illnesses you have but about the difficulties you have carrying out the PIP activities on the majority of days, you are the best person to explain this.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Rosienelly1
    Options
    Thank you both I’m just so stressed about it I’ve made notes of my everyday needs xx
  • Alex_Alumni
    edited July 2022
    Options
    That's okay :) What's causing you stress about them @Rosienelly1?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All I sent was my prescription print out and my ot assessment report and I was successful the important evidence is your own examples 
  • Rosienelly1
    Options
    I was due the assessment 2 weeks ago they cancelled 30 minutes before hand so hopefully it’s goes ahead next week 

• Alex_Alumni
    Options
    I hope so @Rosienelly1 keep us updated, and if anything comes up in the meantime let us know.
    Scope

• thara9643
    thara9643 Posts: 69 Connected
    Options
    I mailed them a few photocopies of my old appointment letters. I also sent paper copies of my school reports. I included some coloured photos of me walking as well. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with us @thara9643. How did that go for you?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.