If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I entitled to the 650 cost of living payment?

Options
michael1959
michael1959 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
hiya , i am on universal credit and pip , am i entitled to the £650 cost of living payment ? thanks mike

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,142 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will get the £150 in September for your PIP. Whether you're entitled to the first cost of living payment of £326 will depend on when your UC claim started.
    To get the first Cost of Living Payment of £326, you must have been entitled to a payment (or later found to be entitled to a payment) of Universal Credit for an assessment period that ended in the period 26 April 2022 to 25 May 2022.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • michael1959
    michael1959 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    hiya poppy , many thanks for getting back to me , i have been on universal credit since november 2019 , so that should be in the time scale for the £650 cost of living update ? thanks mike
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,142 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    From 2019 doesn't count. Providing you received a payment for the assessment period that ended between the dates above then yes you will receive it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope the community has helped to answer your query @michael1959 and welcome, thanks for joining :)

If there's anything else we can help with please do say, and feel free to have a look around the forum if you'd like to.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.