If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

LCWRA help please

Options
worldy123
worldy123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello
i wonder if you could help me understand the LCWRA.  I received notification last week that I have been granted LCWRA.  I have looked at the assessment periods so much that I have confused myself.  

UC - existing claim. 
Notified change of health 9/12/21 with sick note.
sick note from 1/11/21 for 3 months and have continued to be provided. 
Assessment period 1-31 of each month.  

Could anybody clarify when I am likely to have this included in my monthly payments and if any backpay would be due? 

Also, the note within the journal when I press on the notification of health change says the LCWRA is effective from 21/10/21, which is when I was diagnosed and this info was only out on the assessment form completed by my Consultant. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Have a good day xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,167 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Were you previously found to have LCW and this was another assessment because you reported a change of condition?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • worldy123
    Options
    sorry, no.  It was the very first assessment.  
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    This is what I would expect.
    Your assessment period is 1st to 31st.
    You declared the health condition on 9th December.
    Therefore you declared your health condition in the December AP.
    The waiting period is January, February and March.
    The LCWRA element is payable for April - paid on 6th May.

I don't understand how LCWRA can be backdated to 21/10/21 which is seven and a bit weeks before you declared the health condition.

(I have understood from what you said that the 9th December is the first time you have declared a health condition.)

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • worldy123
    Options
    calcotti said:
    This is what I would expect.
    Your assessment period is 1st to 31st.
    You declared the health condition on 9th December.
    Therefore you declared your health condition in the December AP.
    The waiting period is January, February and March.
    The LCWRA element is payable for April - paid on 6th May.

I don't understand how LCWRA can be backdated to 21/10/21 which is seven and a bit weeks before you declared the health condition.

(I have understood from what you said that the 9th December is the first time you have declared a health condition.)

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.  

Yes, that bit confused me too. The only time this date was given was when the Consultant completed and verified my diagnosis (which was 12/10/21).   I am assuming it’s irrelevant to the payments but just states it within the health notification on 9/12/21. 

Under the journal heading ‘report health change 9/12/21’ it states

Health Change - Name has a health condition that restricts their ability to work or look for work. Effective date 12th October 2021.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.