Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP assesment report

Options
veronikalackova25
veronikalackova25 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited July 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello guys I'm new here and I want to ask you some questions I had my pip assesment on the 23.06.2022 and I recieve copy of my assesment report on the 11of July I don't really understand the ticks  on each pages  can anyone explain that to me please 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @veronikalackova25 and welcome to the community :) 

The ticks are probably what the assessor decided to answer for each of the questions they asked you in the assessment on the 23rd June.

Does that make sense, or can we help a bit more?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • veronikalackova25
    Options
    I don't understand nothing at all about the ticks how do I chcel how many point I have please can you help me with that 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @veronikalackova25 - have a look here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/PIP descriptors.pdf    This will show you the assessor's recommendations if you check the ticks with the points in the pdf. You will still have to wait for your decision letter however.

• veronikalackova25
    Options
    Thank you so much for answering me the questions also I spoken with one of the advisors yesterday I called pip and ask for my decision they said that I have to wait another 2 weeks and my assessment was on the 23.07.2022 does any one know why is it take that long please 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,976 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Decisions can take anywhere between 2-12 weeks sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • veronikalackova25
    Options
    Thank you so if the ticks are on every pages does it mean it's will be awarded or its not yet possible 
  • poppy123456
    edited July 2022
    Options
    No, it doesn't mean that, if ther ticks/dots are all in box A then that's zero points. You need to have a look at the report to see where the ticks or dots are against the descriptor. There will be acitivities/descriptors and underneath will be A/B/C etc etc, so a dot/tick in descriptor A for that activitiy would be zero points recommended.
    You then need to compare where those dots are against the PIP descriptors to see what points are recommended. You can use this PIP self test and transfer where the dots are in the report and put them in this self test. At the end it will add up the possible points that are recommended. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test-form
    Remember, the report is not the decision, it's a recommendation.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • veronikalackova25
    Options
    Thank you I just scored out the points and its come 13points for daily living and 14 points for mobility  but I phone there this morning and ask them what does it meant and they said that the points doesn't mean nothing they can leave it like it is or they can change it for 0 points please I'm really nervous can anyone tell me if  I have point on  all pages can the manager of the decision change the point for 0 ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The assessment report isn't the decision, it's a recommendation. They mostly go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it. This is one of the reasons why requesting the report isn't always a good idea because it causes even more anxiety.
    All you can do is wait for the decision to be made. This can be anything up tp 12 weeks.
  • veronikalackova25
    Options
    Thanks for answering 🙂 the questions.... and also if I have ticks on all pages mean the activities and down below the wrote  justification for description choice 
    The claiment not report significant  funcitional problems with this activity in their questionnaire or at consultation and there was no evidence to suggest otherwise ?   Do if the asistor but me on all pages ticks why she wrote this that there are no evidence? 
  • veronikalackova25
    Options
    It's sound for me that I'm not will be awarded for the pip because she put me marks on all my pages about my activity but on the justification she put that there are no evidence but I'm still waiting for the decision I'm in stress now I don't know what to think about this copy of my report as she put me some marks what I did is counted out the score and its come to me 13 for daily living and 14 for mobility I think I would not me awarded if  the wrote there no evidence  so why she put me the ticks there I'm not understanding this 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately getting the report often causes greater anxiety than not having it. All you can do is wait for the decision.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • veronikalackova25
    Options
    Hello I just want to ask you please a question  I phone pip today and they said that I was award today was my decision made so if I was award today when I get the payment please 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hello I just want to ask you please a question  I phone pip today and they said that I was award today was my decision made so if I was award today when I get the payment please 
    If it’s first time claim and you’re not transferring from DLA then payment should be in your bank 3-5 working days after it’s paid to you. 
  • veronikalackova25
    Options
    Ok so I don't know why they said that the payment should be with me within next week  😞 ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ok so I don't know why they said that the payment should be with me within next week  😞 ?

That would be within the timescale of 3-5 working days.
  • veronikalackova25
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @veronikalackova25. It is the very least you deserve. How are things for you at the moment? I appreciate it has been a little while since you last posted on this thread now  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.