Genetic chromosome disorder — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Genetic chromosome disorder

Options
kadia22
kadia22 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited September 2022 in Children, parents, and families
Hey ladies I know I’ve asked this before but I’m desperate to find someone who something similar! 

So I’m a carrier of a balanced translocation between one of my X chromosomes and one of my 7s chromosomes which could results in my baby either having too much or too little genetic information and it would most likely result in either a miscarriage or a possibility that my baby having both significant developmental and health problems 

Does anyone know if this can bring on early menopause I have all the sytmpoms of it and I have also done several menopause tests in which they have tested my FSH levels and they are all positive I’m just desperate to find someone who may have something similar

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @kadia22 and welcome, thanks for reaching out with your query.

It's always advisable to speak to your GP when it comes to medical information and advice. I'm afraid I'm certainly no expert, so I can't answer your question directly, but I have marked your post as unanswered to encourage other members to share their thoughts. 

Can I ask if you are pregnant now, just so that I understand fully? :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kadia22
    Options
    Good morning @kadia22 and welcome, thanks for reaching out with your query.

It's always advisable to speak to your GP when it comes to medical information and advice. I'm afraid I'm certainly no expert, so I can't answer your question directly, but I have marked your post as unanswered to encourage other members to share their thoughts. 

Can I ask if you are pregnant now, just so that I understand fully? :)
    No I’m not and as it says in the post it’s very unlikely I can get pregnant 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Okay, thank you for explaining @kadia22 that's really helpful for me :)

Is wanting to bring on early menopause something you've discussed with your GP before?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• kadia22
    Options
    I don’t want to bring on early menopause I am wanting to know if my chromosome disorder can bring it on early 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    My apologies @kadia22 blame the warm weather, I misread that! Hopefully another member who has experienced similar can shed some light on this for you.

My amended question then is, if you've spoken about this with your GP, what did they say?
    Scope

• kadia22
    Options
    My apologies @kadia22 blame the warm weather, I misread that! Hopefully another member who has experienced similar can shed some light on this for you.

My amended question then is, if you've spoken about this with your GP, what did they say?
    I have and they just don’t seem to care to be honest just keep getting fobbed off 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is it possible to request a different GP or a second opinion?
  • kadia22
    Options
    I’ve tried that they all just fob me
    off saying I’m too young 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It must be difficult not to feel heard @kadia22. Have you tried keeping a diary to track your symptoms, and how often you get your period (if at all)? That may help you to demonstrate to your doctor what symptoms you're having.

If they're saying it's not early menopause, have they suggested what else may be causing your symptoms at all? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • kadia22
    Options
    That’s what I’m doing keeping a diary of my symptoms 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you finding keeping a symptom diary @kadia22? I have heard mixed experiences with this! 
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • kadia22
    Options
    I find it helps 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds really positive that you find it helpful @kadia22 :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.