What can I do about a dating agency for learning disabilities called Lov2meetU ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What can I do about a dating agency for learning disabilities called Lov2meetU ?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
I'm just curious because I sent the application by email first and then postal mail. yet to receive anything. How long did it take you to receive a response. Manchester and Liverpool are the closest dating agencies with bases close to where I live for learning disabilities. close by

Comments

• Leo_Aces
    Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    Hello @Splatmate24, have you thought about emailing or phoning them to see if they have received your application? 

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Splatmate24 :) Thanks for joining!

I don't have any personal experience with this organisation, so I'm not sure how long it'll take. Would you feel comfortable calling or emailing them, as Leo_Aces has suggested? 

Have you ever tried using a dating agency before? 

Would you like to tell us a little more about your experience of dating so far? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    Yes, my mother called them on the phone and sent them an email. stating that since there are two post codes, things should be updated via email instead of the mail. hasn't received any communication or any log-in information in my parents' email.
    didn't receive a response or form in return for logging into your account email.

• Splatmate24
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Splatmate24 :) Thanks for joining!

I don't have any personal experience with this organisation, so I'm not sure how long it'll take. Would you feel comfortable calling or emailing them, as Leo_Aces has suggested? 

Have you ever tried using a dating agency before? 

Would you like to tell us a little more about your experience of dating so far? 
    I have dating and relationship experience. The majority of the prior ones were awful. has used apps and online dating. has tried a disabled dating site. met up with one person but reminded a buddy but stopped texting.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.