Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PA'S not turning up for their shifts

Options
ruth1
ruth1 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
Hi 
I have been trouble with my Personal Asistants with them not turning up for their shifts. 

I do not what to do. 

Any advice 

Thank You

Ruthanne 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,110 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are they employed by a care company? If so then you'll need to contact them and hopefully they will be able to arrange someone else to come out.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ruth1
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I employ my personal assistants through direct payments not through a care agency.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,110 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is one of the dowfalls of employing PA's this way and you risk not having that support when they don't turn up. I know this doesn't help you in anyway. Have you spoken to the PA to ask them why?
    Have you thought about looking for someone else as a replacement?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear this @ruth1 it's incredibly distressing to be let down when help for our personal care is so vital.

How long has this been happening for? 

Can you tell me if you have any family or friends you could rely on in the short term, as frustrating as that is?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • ruth1
    edited August 2022
    Options
    No as my family member works full time and long hours.
  • ruth1
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Personal Assistants are thinking that my family can and is going care for me.
    But my family as they work full time and long hours.
  • ruth1
    Options
    I will have to recruit new personal assistants because I be handling  with Personal assistants not turning up. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry you've been put into the position of having to recruit a new PA @ruth1 and can completely understand, that with family working, of course they can't support you, nor should they have to. 

Have you gone through the recruitment process many times before?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • ruth1
    Options
    No I haven’t had this problem before so I have recruit Personal assistants as I previously used a care agency.
  • ruth1
    Options
    Thank you all I found some Personal assistants: Carers.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's good to hear @ruth1 :) Have they been more reliable?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 748 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ruth1, I totally get where you are coming from on this. My wife and I have been in this position before, both privately employing AND with Care Companies. Please private message me if I can help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.