Uc. They're saying my backpay only starts from June and July, which doesn't make sense to me

Options
fana82
fana82 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited August 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I am new to this. I wanted to asked about back payments if you are awarded lcwra. I applied for uc last year July then in September 2021 I gave my 1st fit note in October 2011 I was sent the uc50 form which I filled in qnd set off same month. I only had a video assessment in June 2022 and I have been awarded lcwra. I got a message in my journal today saying they own me back payment but its only starting from June and July which dosnt make sense to me.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,284 Championing
    Options
    There’s a full 3 month assessment period waiting time. The extra money is then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. 
    You must have also continued to send in fit notes without any gaps until a decision is made on your claim. Failure to do this can affect when the LCWRA element is paid from. Were there any gaps in your fit notes?
    If there wasn’t then the extra money should be paid from either Jan or Feb depending on exactly what date you reported your health condition/sent your fit note. 
  • fana82
    Options
    Hi I gave my 1st fit note on the 21st September and have had no gaps in them since. But the message today said they own me from June and July and I will get that payment in the next fee days 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Was it your statement you received today? If so then money owed is always paid separately to your usual monthly payment.
    Before they can pay what they owe you they need to recalculate your past statements to see what you should have been paid and what you've already been paid. The difference between the 2 will be what they owe you. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe you.
    If it wasn't your statement then you'll need to put a message onto your journal under the payment section. Tell them the exact date you sent your fit note and tell them that the waiting period starts from this date and lasts for 3 full assessment periods, with the extra money paid from the 4th month. For you when it's paid from will depend on what date you usually receive your payments each month (sorry forgot to ask that question earlier)
  • fana82
    Options
    No it wasn't my statement in the message he said they own my 634 and then when I've looked at my statements lcwra is added to June and July's statement my statement is due on the 8th of August 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,926 Championing
    Options
    This sounds really confusing @fana82. How are things going for you at the moment? I appreciate it has been a little while since you last posted on this thread now. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you  :)
  • fana82
    Options
    Hi ive got a letter a letter from them but its very confusing so I need to ring them 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Options
    Let us know how you get on with ringing them @fana82 and if you have any questions you think we can help with, please ask :)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    fana82 said:
    Hi ive got a letter a letter from them but its very confusing so I need to ring them 

Is the letter about the money they owe you? If so then they would have recalculated your past statements and it will tell you exactly what you should have been paid, against what you've already received. The difference between the 2 will be what they owe you.
  • fana82
    Options
    Hi on the letter it says you are entitled to universal credit of 4908.85 from 6th Jan 2022 to 5th May 2022. 
    We have already paid you 3670.97 from 6th Jan to 5th May 
    We own you 1237.88. 

What I dont understand is the amount they have wrote because I've only been paid June July as a back dated payment and them lcwra was added to my Aug statement...they have not paid me 3670.97. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    edited August 2022
    Options
    fana82 said:
    What I dont understand is the amount they have wrote because I've only been paid June July as a back dated payment and them lcwra was added to my Aug statement...they have not paid me 3670.97. 
    The £3670.97 refers to the total of the monthly payments paid to you from 6th January to 5th May.