Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is conners! I've got a problem at work

Options
conners
conners Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2022 in Work and employment
I’ve got a problem at work who know I have anxiety and panic attacks, so there has been an atmosphere at work with my department and my boss so have been anxious.other day my boss put something on social media about me so I walked out of work as my stress levels were sky high. I emailed them to say how I felt,that night I got an email saying I was invited to a investigation meeting omg I cried I haven’t slept. They brought in someone who was impartial.
she absolutely interrogated me I held up pretty well but at home panic attacks and broken. I have still had to go to work while this is going on,but had to leave today went to doctors who put me on diazapan I lost the plot. I can’t go to any management at work not sure if I’m aloud to speak to them how do I do this and where can I get support it’s humiliating and I feel I can’t go back. Sorry it’s so long I’m a bit of a mess.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @conners and welcome, well done for reaching out on the community. There's no need to apologise.

I can see how distressed you're feeling at the moment, so thanks for explaining what's been happening, that's really helpful :)

I'm sorry to hear about the lack of support you're experiencing in work. Does your work have an HR team you can speak to about your concerns?

You might find it helpful to get in touch with ACAS, who may be able to support you with any workplace related issues, and help make sure your voice is heard, and you can understand what's happening.

Can you tell me about the support you're getting at the moment for your anxiety and mental health, you mentioned the doctor put you on diazepam, did they offer any other support?

Since you spoke to someone impartial, have your work explained to you what will be happening next?

Let us know if we can help support you further, and please ask if you have any questions. 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.