New pip claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New pip claim

Options
mburns
mburns Community member Posts: 25 Connected
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi looking for some help I applied for pip and they did a paperbased assessment but I was refused, they have use my previous telephone assessment from last year as evidence even though I sent them in my full detailed autism diagnosis assessment can anyone tell my where I go from hear.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Was there any reason why you didn't challenge the decision from last year? If you constantly reapply using the same evidence you previously used then a constant refusal is likely.
    If you think you're entitled then you need to challenge that decision by first requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where any why you think you should have scored those points.
    Include a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each activity that applies to you. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exacetly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies.
    You can also get some expert advice from an agency near you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mburns
    Options
    Hi the reason I didn't challenge it was because I had no help and didn't know why I couldn't explain things correct, my anxiety was through the roof and this time I have been just recently diagnosed with childhood autism and my diagnosis report is new evidence but they have just really taken my previous telephone assessment which was also lies they said I was making jokes with them and had animation in my voice when my autism statement clearly states that I have one tone of voice and state to the point talking so no jokes from me.
  • mburns
    Options
    I was my psychologist that filled my form in for me this time.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's quite rare to be refused through a paper based assessment. All you can do now is request the MR as advised above. If you have a copy of the most recent assessment report then you should put that to one side and concetrate on those real world examples i mentioned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mburns
    Options
    Well going with the report I got I will definitely get refused but I did speak to a case manager today and explained everything not sure if this will make a difference, thanks for your help really appreciate it.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As you have the report have you checked the dots next to the descriptors using the PIP descriptors? The PIP self test is good for doing this? You can copy the dots into the test and it will add up any points recommended.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.