Hi, my name is donkdf! looking for advice I'm on universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is donkdf! looking for advice I'm on universal credit

Options
donkdf
donkdf Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited August 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi looking for advice I'm on universal credit.
I submitted a fit note on the 29/04/22
I have received notification that I've been awarded it.
It states my first payment is in october 22.
I asked if there was a back dated payment. 
They told me I'm not due one.
Can anyone please advise me.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What dates are your assessment periods Or what date do you usually receive your money each month? 
    There’s a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4 month after you sent your fit note. It’s not paid at all during the waiting period. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • donkdf
    edited August 2022
    Options
    My payments are 16th and 30th of month. I'm only receiving partial housing costs at the moment due to monthly works pension and my partner receiving carers allowance.
    They stated assessment period 
    Is from 10/05/22 - 09/06/22.
    ( awarded LCWRA from 13/05/22 )
    10/06/22 - 09/07/22 ( 1st full assessment period )
    10/07/22 - 09/08/22 ( 2nd full assessment period )
    10/08/22 - 09/09/22 (3rd full assessment period )
    10/09/22 - 09/10/22 LCWRA 
    Payable from this assessment period. First payment is October they stated.
     I thought 1st month assessment period starts on first day of submitting my fit note on 29/04/22. Is there an assessment period before 1st full assessment period as they have indicated.
    I thought I would be due some back payment have I got it wrong thanks
  • donkdf
    Options
    I've just realized I never said in first post it was LCWRA payment I'm waiting on sorry
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Their calculation is 100% correct.
    donkdf said:

I thought 1st month assessment period starts on first day of submitting my fit note on 29/04/22.

No, that's not correct. That month isn't counted because you sent your fit note in the middle of the assessment period (AP). The waiting period is 3 full APs.
    donkdf said:

You're not owed any money for LCWRA because it's not paid at all during the waiting period.
    donkdf said:
    my partner receiving carers allowance.

Does your UC include the carers element (£168.81)? Carers allowance is deducted in full from any UC entitlement.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    donkdf said:
    Is there an assessment period before 1st full assessment period as they have indicated.

An assessment period (AP) is a rolling 1 month period that starts on the first day you claimed UC. You will then have the assessment period each month. 7 days after that AP ends you will receive payment.
    In your case your AP is 10th-9th of each month. As you receive your payments twice a month, your payment will be split into 2 payments.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @donkdf and a warm welcome to the community :)

I can see your post has be replied to, but is there anything you're still not sure about that we can help with?

You are welcome to have a browse of the forum, if you haven't already!  

You can find all the latest conversations in our recent discussions category, all the different topics in our categories page, and you can meet and chat with other members over in our virtual coffee lounge too.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need a hand with anything.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • donkdf
    Options
    Hi thanks the carers payment £168.81 is included

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.