Hi, my name is Crazylin3838! How can I go about getting a new national insurance card? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Crazylin3838! How can I go about getting a new national insurance card?

Options
Crazylin3838
Crazylin3838 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2022 in Start here and say hello!
Hi I lost my national insurance card years ago and just wondering how I go about getting a new card I do know my national insurance number of by heart but need a new card plz can you get back to me regarding this thanks Linda 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @crazylin3838 :) Thank you for joining the community!

Do you mind me asking why you need a new NI card, rather than just being able to use the number?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    I don`t recall ever having a card.  My NI number (as is my Naval service number) is indelibly imprinted in my mind.
  • Crazylin3838
    Options
    Ok I thought you had to have a card for proof of NI
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,305 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Ok I thought you had to have a card for proof of NI

No, you don't need proof with a card. They no longer send out NI cards and haven't since 2011. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13929697
    If you've lost your NI number you can contact them and they will send you the number. If you know what the number is then that's all you need.

You can also find your National Insurance number on:

• your payslip
    • your P60
    • your tax returns
    • official letters about tax, pensions or benefits

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Cartini said:
    I don`t recall ever having a card.  My NI number (as is my Naval service number) is indelibly imprinted in my mind.

I remember having a NI card just before i reached 16.. quite sometime ago now lol. Never used it because like yourself i've just remembered what it is over the years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm glad we've been able to clear that up for you @Crazylin3838 :) Hopefully that's made you feel a bit more relaxed! 

I've also memorised mine, but it's good to have a document with it on, too, in case you were to ever forget.

• Cartini
    Options
    Cartini said:

I remember having a NI card just before i reached 16.. quite sometime ago now lol. Never used it because like yourself i've just remembered what it is over the years.

I can`t remember 16 :#
  • Crazylin3838
    Options
    Ok thank you guys I really appreciate it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Cartini said:
    Cartini said:

I can`t remember 16 :#

It's strange how somethings we remember and other things not. Now i can't remember what i ate yesterday or what day it is :D
    Usually you receive it just before your 16th birthday, my 3 children all did. My son was the only one to receive the NI card out of my 3 children. I didn't know they stopped them until my eldest daughter received hers NI by letter lol.

• Cartini
    Options
     Now i can't remember what i ate yesterday or what day it is :D
    Sounds like me :#  I`ve had to change the way the clock shows on my laptop (bottom right corner) to include the day along with the date :#

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    If it makes you feel better @Cartini @poppy123456, I'm only 24 years old and I feel the same way :D 

It's no problem at all @Crazylin3838 :) If there's anything else we can do to help, please just let us know. 

• poppy123456
    Options
    Cartini said:
     Now i can't remember what i ate yesterday or what day it is :D
    Sounds like me :#  I`ve had to change the way the clock shows on my laptop (bottom right corner) to include the day along with the date :#

That’s a very good idea and I didn’t think of that. I will do that right now, thanks.
    If it makes you feel better @Cartini @poppy123456, I'm only 24 years old and I feel the same way :D 
    Haha my daughter is your age and I’m always telling her what a bad memory she has 😂
  • Cartini
    Options
    :#

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.