Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

For to buy a new phone today as my other one stopped working last night

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 262 Pioneering
I'd only had my phone just over 7 months and it decided to stop working. Now I'm hoping to be able to get a decent-ish one for now though that'll do me until my fiance gets his wages from work next month.
Unfortunately the shop where I bought my phone from won't be able to do anything with it as the back is smashed as I'd accidentally dropped it on a cobbled stone path a few months ago and it was still working fine as it was the back that had hit the ground.
My fiance discovered last night that part of the screen on one side is coming away from the phone.

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Up's @BrianMcFaddenfan07 think we've all done things like that darling, expensive accident. 
    When you get your next phone see if you can get a good cover for it, the one's that help protect the phone. x
  • BrianMcFaddenfan07
    BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 262 Pioneering
    Options
    I had to buy a case for it after I dropped it as there's lil 
    sharp bits on it.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ha ha yep, try using the case before you drop it @BrianMcFaddenfan07
    Have a good day looking for your new phone darling x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,310 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A screen protector is also advised as well as a case and then you're protecting the back and the screen, if you drop it.
    I have an iphone 13 pro max which is quite large and heavy, i've dropped it so many times since i've had it. Thank goodness i have both of the above, otherwise i wouldn't have a phone left by now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,507 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Even if the shop you got it from isn't able to fix it, another repair shop might be able to @BrianMcFaddenfan07. Have you asked around for some quotes? 

That being said, it can sometimes be more expensive to get the phone fixed than to get another one!

I'd definitely echo the advice to get a case. Especially a shock-absorbent one. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.