Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is snowflake1984! When will my award be backdated to if I'm awarded?

Options
snowflake1984
snowflake1984 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have my work capability assessment on 2nd sept but been signed off work since sept 21 if awarded when will this be backdated too ? Or will it just start from the date the award is made I’m so confused 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

If awarded lcwra you will be paid from the 4th full assessment period after reporting the condition providing you have supplied fit notes with no gaps 

Based on limited information you have provided payment will be backdated to Feb 22 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @snowflake1984 and welcome :)

Has the above reply helped to answer your question? If there's anything you're still unsure of, let us know.

If you'd like to have a look around the rest of the forum, you're welcome to do so! You can find all the different topics for discussion in our categories page, the latest conversations in recent discussions, and you can get to know other members and chat in our virtual coffee lounge

Hope you're having a good week.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • snowflake1984
    Options
    I had my work capability assessment on phone today and told me I should hear back with outcome in next 8 weeks guess that’s standard, I’m just confused by it all so I was signed off work originally end of July begins aug 2021 but didn’t get a formal diagnosis of my disability til around end of Jan beg of feb although I was off work from end July beg of aug so I don’t know if they will take it from when the formal diagnosis was made or from the date I stated my sick leave from work back in July/aug as I provided sick notes continually and continue to do so even now 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,026 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The decision can take anything up to 12 weeks. As advised previously by janer..
    janer1967 said:

If awarded lcwra you will be paid from the 4th full assessment period after reporting the condition providing you have supplied fit notes with no gaps 

The extra money isn't paid at all during the waiting period which is 3 full assessment periods. What date exactly did you report your health condition, or send your first fit note? and what date do you usually receive your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • snowflake1984
    Options
    1st sick note was submitted 20th sep 2021 I get paid 26th of every month - I suppose what I’m trying to get at is that my original sick notes did not have my condition on it although I was unfit for work I was being treated for various things and under investigation before they could make the formal diagnosis which was made till this year this is what I’m most confused about 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,026 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not having a diagnosis or anything like that on a fit note makes no difference because it’s not about a diagnosis.
    If found to have LCWRA then your waiting period will be Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec.. LCWRA starts from AP Dec 20th to Jan 19th and first payment would be 26th Jan 2022.
    There will be no extra money if the decision is LCW. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @snowflake1984 how are you this weekend? 

Are you still feeling confused about things? If we can help with anything, just ask :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.