If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

British gas email

Options
janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
I had email from British Gas today regarding the £400, support and how it will work 

So thought I would share with you the detail of course not sure other energy suppliers will be the same and this refers to direct debit customers 

From October for 6 months after your direct debit has been paid each month a few days later they will  credit your bank account with £66 or £67 to round to the £400

If your dd is less than the £66 they will put the remaining as a credit on your energy account eg if dd is £50 you will get £50 into your bank and then £16 credit on your energy account which will build up over the 6 month period to then be used once the scheme has ended 

Sounds pretty good to me. 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with us @janer1967. I can imagine it will be helpful for many people in Scope's community. Glad to hear it sounds pretty good to you. That's a really positive sign  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just wondering why don't they just put all the money on to your fuel as credit whilst your still paying your normal dd.
    Or am i reading it wrong xxx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SueHeath I don't know maybe so you see the benefit each month 

My example detailed below 

I was paying £75 per month which has gone up to £115 from Sept 

In Oct I will pay £115 but then get £67 back in essence making my payment £48 which is a saving of £27 against what I have been paying 

So on top of the £400 I will be paying £162 less than now over the 6 month period 

I'm very happy 😊 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes i suppose i can see that and at least it's still taken the burden of you, whilst your still paying a little more xxxx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,219 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think it is a good idea. Hopefully the rest will follow suit.

This applies to all energy suppliers, paid from October to March with 6 monthly payments. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/400-energy-bills-discount-to-support-households-this-winter

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,574 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds a good deal @janer1967 I've not received email yet off eon
  • racyguy
    racyguy Community member Posts: 560 Pioneering
    Options
    Just been reading an article about a guy who questioned British Gas about his current energy account. He is on the Standard variable rate. He wanted to know why the current estimate of charge has not been reflected by the forthcoming £400 COL payment. They agreed that it had not been considered so they reduced his estimated cost for the period by £400 thus reducing his DD much further down.
  • Teigr
    Teigr Community member Posts: 3,640 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had the same email,it hurt my brain.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.