If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP journey so far

Options
Teac
Teac Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. Been reading for a few days now, brilliant site. Thought I'd post my journey to date. 
So posted my claim form on 27th May and got a text a few days later to inform me it had been received. Finally got a phone assessment on 26th July. I think the assessment went well but it's difficult to tell on the phone. On Monday 1st August I got another message saying they had received the assessment from capita.
On the 15th of this month got another text saying they had not made a decision yet. Nothing since then. 
I know its a waiting game and sadly and frustratingly takes a long time, hard not to get anxious not knowing what's happening. 
Not much of a story but I'll keep the site updated of any outcome. 

Once again, glad I found such a brilliant site, lots of help on here

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing what's been happening @Teac I'm sure what you've posted will help many other members feel like their less alone in going through their own PIP applications. 

I'm glad to hear that you feel the community is so helpful, that's lovely to hear. 

If you'd like to have a look around the rest of the forum, you're welcome to do so! You can find all the different topics for discussion in our categories page, the latest conversations in recent discussions, and you can get to know other members and chat in our virtual coffee lounge

I hope there's not too much longer to go for you, and please let us know if we can help in the meantime :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Teac
    Teac Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Morning all. 
    Update.  So haven't received a text or letter yet but just received a back payment from pip in my bank this morning. Its not going to be the enhanced for both looking at the back payment, but I'm happy enough I get awarded. 
    I'll post more when I get letter. 
    I know the wait is different for each one but mine was 12 weeks to the day from claiming. 
    Hope everyone else has the same outcome
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Well done @Teac and thanks for updating us all :) It'll be nice when you get your letter just to confirm everything, but I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the outcome. 

I'm sure a lot of members in the same position will find it helpful to know the timescale of your application as well, so thank you for sharing. 

If you have any further questions, please do ask, I look forward to seeing you around the community more in future!

Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• gemmagee
    gemmagee Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Options
    Well done on the award. Mine started at the beginning of May, had the phonecall assessment 5th August,  I got a text to say they received the written report on the 12th August, then got the report today which on the assessors report shes given me enhance rate for daily living and standard on mobility. Now just to wait for the decision!! I know the decision makers can go against the report, but I'm just praying it goes in my favour!! 

I thought your claim was really quick considering the back log waiting time. Happy spending :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best wishes for your claim @gemmagee :) Keep us updated!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • gemmagee
    edited August 2022
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @gemmagee. It is the very least you deserve. Good luck! Please feel free to let us know if we can do anything to support you further in the meantime  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • gemmagee
    Options
    Thanku @L_Volunteer you guys are very helpful!!
  • tanbang
    tanbang Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Options
    Hello lovely people 

I Applied for Pip last year July 2021 I had my assessment in November last year 2021. 
    I didn’t get pip so I appealed and it’s going to a tribunal. Which today I heard back from them and bwp have 90 days to respond to them but nothing. So I am now waiting for a date for my paper base tribunal . As anyone ever had a paper base one ? 

Kind regards 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    tanbang said:
    Hello lovely people 

I Applied for Pip last year July 2021 I had my assessment in November last year 2021. 
    I didn’t get pip so I appealed and it’s going to a tribunal. Which today I heard back from them and bwp have 90 days to respond to them but nothing. So I am now waiting for a date for my paper base tribunal . As anyone ever had a paper base one ? 

Kind regards 
    Paper based hearings have an extremely low success rate of between 5-8%. If you can attend your hearing in person or phone then I urge you to do this. 
    In person hearings have around a 70% success rate so you can see the vast difference.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gemmagee
    Options
    Update - I got a call today and I've been awarded what was on the report :) So I'm pleased. And what a relief. The whole process was very stressful 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    That's amazing news @gemmagee I can see why you're relived! :)

Do you have any plans to relax or celebrate this week? I hope you enjoy whatever you do.
    Scope

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.