Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

I received P.I.P decision letter, need help and advice.

Options
Arron1974
Arron1974 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I received a letter from pip, awarded me 6 point on daily living and 10 points on mobility. I need help don’t know how to word in a letter or what to write in a letter, I disagree quite a lot of what the Telefone  asseser wrote on her desicion letter. Please help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What you need to do first is get some expert advice to check that you can score more points for a daily living award. Just disagreeing with what the decision maker said doesn't mean you can score more points. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/
    If you do go ahead and challenge the decisionby requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration you should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    Include a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each activity that applies to you. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exacetly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies.
    The most likely outcome will be the decision remains the same. If this happens you can proceed to Tribunal.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Arron1974
    Options
    Thank you poppy123456 for your quick reply,  
    if that will not change anything, what is the point? The more stress and enxiety, this whole thing is making me feel sick, knowing phone asseser twisted what I said. If the most likely outcome is the decision stays the same, shall I just forget it, I can’t face going to court for tribunal. Thank you

• poppy123456
    Options
    MR success rate is just 27%. Tribunal success rate is around 70% if you appear in person (or telephone hearing)
    It's worth remembering that it's not a court, you're not on trial. Some hearings maybe held in a court building but it's completely different to a court.
    Only you can decide what you want to do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Arron1974
    Options
    Thank you, I don’t know what I want to do, I received the letter yesterday, I would like to appeal their decision,  where I am it’s almost impossible to get advice from citizens advice,  i think I need some one to help me wording the letter, English is not my first language and I quite don’t understand how to to put words to gather, is there anywhere else I can contact accept the citizens advice, 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Use the link i posted above, put your postcode in and "choose the topic" welfare benefits and it will tell you what advice agency is local to you.
  • Rue601
    Rue601 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    Arron1974 said:
    Thank you, I don’t know what I want to do, I received the letter yesterday, I would like to appeal their decision,  where I am it’s almost impossible to get advice from citizens advice,  i think I need some one to help me wording the letter, English is not my first language and I quite don’t understand how to to put words to gather, is there anywhere else I can contact accept the citizens advice, 
    I got help from my housing financial advisor with my MR and then Tribunal appeal. It was all worth it as I ended up winning my Tribunal appeal. Don't give up 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds really positive @Rue601. Thanks for sharing your experience with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.