PIP MR AND LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR AND LWCRA

Options
woodstar1984
woodstar1984 Community member Posts: 78 Connected
HI GUYS AND LADIES SORRY I HAVENT BEEN ON HERE IVE BEEN FIGHTING ALOT WITH MENTAL HEALTH AND NOW I HAVE TO FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GO AS THEY STOPPED THE HELP AS IM NOW HOUSED IM NOT THE ONLY PERSON THIS HAS HAPPEND TO I NOW ALSO HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER DOCTORS CAUSE ITS OUTSIDE THE CATCHMENT AREA FROM THIS I HAVE BEEN AWARDED LWCRA FINALLY AND PAYMENT SHOULD BE MADE IN SEPTEMBER ALSO I HAVE CHASED MY PIP MR SHOULD HAVE A DECSION IN 2WEEKS AS I CALLED THEM UP YESTERDAY APART FROM THAT ITS BEEN A TOUGH FEW MONTHS I ALSO GOT A NEW SUPPORT WORKER AS THE LAST ONE DIDNT MAKE CONTACT FOR 3WEEKS AND PUT MR IN DEBT AS THEY DIDNT DO THERE JOB 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no need to apologise, don't worry @woodstar1984

It sounds like you've had some positive news about your benefit claims, is that right? 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to move, and that this has caused you some trouble. Have you found somewhere safe and suitable to stay? 

Is your new support worker more supportive than your last one? 

You can find GP surgeries in your new area on the NHS website. You should be able to see the GP surgery's rating, too. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with your mental heath lately. Are you receiving enough support to help you manage that at the moment? Would you feel comfortable telling us a little bit about what you've been struggling with?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    @Tori_Scope @Biblioklept @poppy123456 hi guys just an update for you lovely peoples I have just been awarded lcwra element and had a uc81 attached to my journal the date is the 3rd august i  uploaded sick notes from april the 7th ..... was wondering will they back date any money  as it doesn't actually state anything just being accepted also i have been fighting a MR for pip hopefully get an answer this week called them last few days back. 

• woodstar1984
    Options
    any helpful knowledge 

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    woodstar1984 said:…i  uploaded sick notes from april the 7th ..... 
    Depending on what dates your monthly UC period covers, the LCWRA element will be payable from August or September.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    my paydates are the 11th of every month 

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    my paydates are the 11th of every month 
    That means your monthly period is 5th to the 4th of each month. If you reported your health condition on 7th April that is in your April to May period. The three months waiting is May to August and the first LCWRA payment is due for August to September payable on 11th September.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • woodstar1984
    Options
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @woodstar1984! 👋🏻 Welcome back to the Scope online community! Please don’t say sorry, it is completely understandable given the circumstances you are in.

Fantastic news about the LCWRA and keep going with the PIP application!! 😄

Ah I am deeply sorry to hear you are suffering with your mental health issues. Do you ask for help? Are you receiving any help?

It sounds as though you are having a difficult time with having to move and find a new doctors, and find another support worker 🙁. How are you today?

You might find these links useful:

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/challenging-PIP-or-other-benefits-decisions/#Mandatory-reconsideration-click

Good luck!  

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• woodstar1984
    Options
    @Jo_2022 well what can i say about mental health they promised to help then it has stopped due to me being housed after being homeless in November last year ive had to change 3 doctors as there out of catchment area/portslade  hove.... tbh they actually have no clue how to help me and keep putting me on 4 types of meds and seems they dont want to deal with my Eupd personality disorder and just give me meds that aint working yea i had ive had enough of being mugged off my new support worker doesnt help either and my last one has put me in debt as he said he would help set up bills but just didnt do it... havent even botherd to check in on me or call for 3weeks so i changed support worker again this one is even worse lazy and full of excuses i struggle getting my words and emotion out and situations im not in control of i  can feel overwhelmed with everything im feeling very low and vulnerable Atm  PLUS PIP TURNED DOWN FOR  AFTER THE 1ST TIME  AND THEN HAD A MR   RFUSED SO IM NOT GOING TO BOTHER DOING TRIBUNAL JUST AINT GOT ANY FIGHT LEFT IN ME THEY HAVE TAKEN IT ALL MY ENERGY SORRY FOR THE RANT BUT I NEED TO GET IT OF MY CHEST I DONT TRUST ANY MENTAL HEALTH PPL ANYMORE THERE SO FULL OF **** AND CONTRACDITIONS AND EXCUSES I HAD THIS CONDTION MOST OF MY LIFE AND FEEL LIKE I I HAVE NO IDENITY THE ONE GOOD THING OUT OF IT IS LCWRA FINALLY BUT SEE IF I GET BACKED FOR THAT THIS WAS SENT IN MAY 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,540 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I know you said you weren't going to continue to Tribunal for your PIP claim but maybe you can just think about it for a little while longer to give yourself a break.
    Although they tell you, you must appeal within 1 month, you actually have 13 months with good reason why you didn't request it within that first month. At least with the extra time you have time on your hands to give it some extra thought.
    They will only take into consideration how your conditions affected you at the time the assessment took place, that's the only issue.
    It's not unusual for the MR decision not to change because only 27% of them do, which is extremely low. At Tribunal there's a much higher chance of having a decision in your favour. There's about a 70% success rate at this stage, higher again if you have representation. The Tribunal are also much more understanding the DWP or the health assessment providers.
    It would be much better to go down this route than start another claim sometime in the future because reapplying at anytime using the same evidence you previously used is likely going to see another refusal.
    Of course, i can't tell you whether you would definitely qualify because i don't know exactly how your conditions affect you. You could get some expert advice regarding this. At least then you'll know for sure whether you could score enough points needed for an award. This link will help you find what advice agency is local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @woodstar1984 and thanks for taking the time to have a rant, it can be really helpful to write all our feelings or frustrations down when we are struggling with our emotions.

I'm sorry that your mental health support has changed since you've been able to access housing, and that you feel so let down by your support workers. Have you been able to speak to your local authority or care provider about what's been happening?

It's understandable with what's happened that you'd be feeling low, and we'd like to support you with that as much as we are able to. Please keep an eye out for an email from community@scope.org.uk which should come through later on today. 

Poppy has shared some excellent advice on Tribunals, and I would echo that you consider it once you've given yourself a break and processed everything for a little while. If you're able to get support from Advice Local, there's no reason why you shouldn't continue to challenge the DWP's decision if you believe it's wrong.

Let us know if we can support you further with anything, and let us know how things go when you hear more.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    just found out that lcwra will not be bck dated as i called yesterday  and no reply on my journal for two days 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    just found out that lcwra will not be bck dated as i called yesterday  and no reply on my journal for two days 
    Yes, that's correct, as advised here on your other thread. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/548523#Comment_548523
    You didn't send your first fit note until 7th April, which doesn't count because it was in the middle of your assessment period.
    The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods and it's then paid from the 4th month. It's not paid at all during that waiting period.
    Your first LCWRA payment will be 11th September. You're not owed any money for LCWRA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    uploaded sicknote to uc on the  4/04/2022 to july 4/07/22 till 4 september 2022 

• woodstar1984
    Options
    these are the dates on my sicknote 

• poppy123456
    Options
    these are the dates on my sicknote 

The dates on the fit notes mean nothing. What matters is what date you reported them on your journal. In your other thread you said you reported them on 7th April 2022.
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    @poppy123456 i told them in march when i got the uc 50 form 
  • woodstar1984
    Options
    @poppy123456 i got the dates mixed up 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2022
    Options

@poppy123456 i told them in march when i got the uc 50 form 

Telling them in March and then sending first fit note in April doesn't help. I can only advise based on the information you gave. If you didn't upload your first fit note until 7th April then the advice you've been given is correct. First payment will be 11th September.
    If you can tell me again what date exactly you reported your health conditon, what date exactly you reported your first fit note (not the date on your fit note) then i can confirm again when it's paid from.
    Please have a look at your journal for those dates because i can't give the correct advice without all the correct informatiion.
  • woodstar1984
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.