If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is staybon! Been told I will not get my usual PIP claim during MR, is this correct?

Options
staybon
staybon Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, i asked for a mandatory reconsideration on the 2nd aug....i have just been told i will not recieve .y usual pip payment while they look at my claim is this correct? 
If so, why did they not tell me this on the phone, i have beem left with no money.
How long are mandatory recondierations taking? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you requested the MR if you had an award in place then this will continue while they look at the award again.
    If this was a review and you previously had an award and were refused after the review decision was made then because there's no award in place there will be no money to receive. This is because a new decision overrules your previous award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • staybon
    Options
    Thankyou...for replying that is a relief for me. 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad we were able to help @staybon. It is the very least you deserve. If we can do anything else to help, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @staybon :) 

I'm glad that poppy123456 was able to help.

How are you feeling about the MR?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • staybon
    Options
    Hi, a little nervous....i suffer with severe mental health and it is not helping with my anxiety. 
    Hopefully it will not be long that i have 2 wait.

Thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Timescales for MR decisions are up to 12 weeks, sometimes longer. The most likely outcome will be the decision will remain the same because only about 27% of decisions change at this stage.
    If this happens you can request the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Are you receiving any support to help you manage your mental health conditions @staybon

We hear from quite a lot of people who find the wait anxiety-inducing, so you're certainly not alone in feeling that way. 

• Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Unfortunately the PIP process is a very gruelling one and there are huge delays.  I do hope your mandatory reconsideration request is successful but if it isn't be aware that many people who have been unsuccsful at this stage go on to being successful at tribunal. 
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • staybon
    Options
    Are you receiving any support to help you manage your mental health conditions @staybon

We hear from quite a lot of people who find the wait anxiety-inducing, so you're certainly not alone in feeling that way. 
    Hi i am under the phychiatrist and have family support...thankyou
    I am suppose 2 be paid 2mrw so just hoping i am 🤞
  • poppy123456
    Options
    staybon said:
    I am suppose 2 be paid 2mrw so just hoping i am 🤞
    If you have a current award in payment you will receive it as normal.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm glad that you have some support @staybon :) I hope that you find it helpful.

Keep us updated on whether the payment comes in today!

• staybon
    Options
    Hi sorry i have not been active...my nan passed away.

I did recive payment...i then got declined for my reconsideration.
    I am wondering if it is worth appealing...do your payments stop as i can not afford for that 2 happen? 
    They said i was turned down becasue i spoke ok on phone and wasnt anxious.....i didnt speak my sister spoke on my behalf with my permision. 

• poppy123456
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Your existing PIP award will continue if you request the Tribunal. 
    Can’t tell you if it worth doing this because I have no idea on how your conditions affect you. Did this you will need to get some expert advice from an agency near you.
  • staybon
    Options
    Thank you....i will have a look online and see what help i can get  
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @bg844 thanks. Was on my phone when i commented and posting links is more difficult than when using my computer.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm also sorry for your loss @staybon. How have you been doing?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.