Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is daresbury1978!

Options
daresbury1978
daresbury1978 Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
Hello! I am an 84 year old disabled man. I was a casualty of the World War 2 bombing raids. I have many friends who have cerebral palsy and I have been doing my best to support them for over 40 years as their "friend, enabler and advocate". I look forward to being able to increase my understanding about disability experience and hope that I will be able to offer something worthwhile to this on-line community.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Evening @daresbury1978 and welcome to the online community, thank you so much for introducing yourself.

You sound like such a lovely person and a fantastic friend, I'm sure you'll fit in very nicely here, this online community is full of kind and welcoming members.

Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 I have included below a few of the pages I’d recommend having a look through to get used to things:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me too @daresbury1978 I hope you are enjoying the community so far, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything :) 

Thanks so much for joining, and sharing a bit about yourself with us all!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.