Freinds dates — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Freinds dates

Options
Char4lie
Char4lie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hey gay here with anxiety and depression find it hard find someone to relate to with my disabilities hope any one out there feel.the same 

Comments

• Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Good morning @Char4lie and welcome to the online community.

You're welcome to talk about things, and please know that you won't be judged. A large majority of our members have their own lived experience of disability, or else disabled family, so it's likely you'll be preaching to the choir  

If you'd like to have a look at the rest of the forum, you can find all the latest conversations in our recent discussions category, all the different topics in our categories page, and you can meet and chat with other members over in our virtual coffee lounge too. I think you will find that the online community is a friendly and welcoming bunch of people. 

Let us know if you need a hand with anything, and I hope you enjoy spending time here.

Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Char4lie :) Thank you for joining us!

I can see that you've made a separate post in our dating, sex, and relationships category, which is great to see. 

Do you mind me asking in what ways you feel as though people find it hard to relate to your experiences? This is definitely something we've seen other members post about, so I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Are you receiving any support to help you manage your anxiety and depression at the moment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Char4lie
    Char4lie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    No I'm.not at moment 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds really difficult @Char4lie. In an ideal world, what would things look like for you at the moment? 

We are all here for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can do anything to support you, even if that's just providing a listening ear  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • ByTheSea
    ByTheSea Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    Hi @Char4lie, I am new on here too, I also suffer with anxiety very badly, my sons are in their 20s and also do, seems to run in our family ! 
    I am hoping this site may help, it looks helpful and up to date on here doesn't it ?
    I mostly try and find natural ways to help anxiety, one of my son's has had a lot of success using lavender products and I do too.
    All the best, welcome to chat anytime !    
  • SBSpIMuleX
    SBSpIMuleX Scope Member Posts: 30 Connected
    Options
    gay guy here signed off under mental health with anxiety, depression, bipolar, adhd, autism and aspergers but still winning at life if a little lonely at times, so respect to you for the posts 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.