I'm worried that if I go back to work I'll find I can't do it and I've lost my LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm worried that if I go back to work I'll find I can't do it and I've lost my LCWRA

Options
swallow47
swallow47 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I wonder if anybody can help me. I've recently been awarded LCWRA after applying in December 21.
I feel that I would like to go back to work for maybe 2 days per week but am worried that if I do I find I can't do it and I've lost my LCWRA.
Has anybody been through the same or I would welcome your thoughts.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,675 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    People do work when found to have either LCW or LCWRA but if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you were found to have LCWRA then it can go against you when you're next reassessed.
    If you start working you must report a change of circumstances and tell them you're working.
    I also see that your username could be your full name. It's against the rules to give personal information here on scope because it's a public forum and anyone can see what members post.
    When choosing a username it's never a good idea to use your full name. I'll flag it to the moderators and they will sort that when they come online.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I work and claim LCWRA. I don't know the reasons you're claiming LCWRA but just keep evidence of any adjustments made to enable you to do this. 
    LCWRA isn't about not being able to work at all <3 Have you started looking at jobs? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @carolegarratt :) Thank you for joining! 

I hope the above replies have reassured you that you can work and claim LCWRA at the same time. If there's anything you're still unsure about, please just let us know.

I sent you an email earlier today from community@scope.org.uk about your username, so please do keep an eye out for that.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.