Looking on advice about pip an update on medical condition — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking on advice about pip an update on medical condition

Options
juju10
juju10 Community member Posts: 41 Connected
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Looking on advice about pip an update on medical condition etc
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

What advice do you want about pip 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @juju10 :) It's great to have you on board! How are you doing today? 

I've moved your post into our PIP category, and changed the title, so that it'll be easier for other members to find and answer your post. You might find it interesting to take a look through our PIP category, as we have many members trying to navigate the PIP process.

Are you thinking of notifying them of a change of circumstances?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    juju10 said:
    Looking on advice about pip an update on medical condition etc
    What exactly are you asking about? PIP is based on how your affects you. You do not need to report changes of medication or diagnosis. You should only consider reporting a change to PIP if the impact your health has on your impact your ability to carry out the PIP activities and even then there is no point in doing this unless it us likely to change your point score and that the changed score could result in a change in our award.

It is therefore necessary to understand the PIP scoring system.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

If you do report a change you will be referred for a new assessment and sent a new health questionnaire followed by a medical assessment.

You can seek advice if necessary advicelocal
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • juju10
    Options
    many thanks for this I have submitted change to f circumstances form to dwp was received by them 1st august just waiting to hear back about possible assessment or maybe not it said in dwp text message they sent me so will keep updated 😊
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    juju10 said:..just waiting to hear back about possible assessment ..
    It's likely to be a long wait. The message is a standard message.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • juju10
    Options
    Yes it looked a standard text to be fair but thanks anyway 
  • juju10
    Options
    Morning just a quick update had my date for assessment through it’s arranged for 23rd September at 1pm a telephone assessment 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck for it @juju10 :) How are you feeling?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • juju10
    Options
    Stressed out but will have support with me in day so all good pleased to be honest over telephone as I have suffered a stroke etc an last thing I need Is loads stress 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's positive to hear @juju10 I hope it goes smoothly and I'm pleased you'll have support too :)

Let us know how the assessment goes when you can.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • juju10
    Options
    Hi all had dreaded assessment today got very stressed an lot of anxiety she had to pause assessment an tell me to take deep breath’s I really struggled to hear her also on phone due to hearing loss even with aids in an trying to explain how stroke has left me also suffering from osteoarthritis now she also said report will go off by end of day an to just sit and wait now so spose it’s all you can do!
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @juju10 Once the report is returned to the DWP it may take 2-12 weeks for a decision. Fingers crossed and do keep us informed.
  • juju10
    Options
    Many thanks so glad it’s over that was awful felt bombarded with questions at least she paused an helped telling me to take deep breath’s 
  • juju10
    Options
    Many thanks 😊 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @juju10. It is the very least you deserve. If we can do anything else to help please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • juju10
    Options
    Many thanks I really don’t think it went well to be honest I really struggled to hear her on phone an then anxiety kicked in because of this an I was just consumed with worry about blood pressure going up so feel I didn’t say everything I wanted to…so have to wait now 😞
  • juju10
    Options
    A small update today had a text from dwp to say they had received my report an will be in touch within six weeks 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @juju10 just letting you know that what they say is a guide so could be longer, fingers crossed for a positive decision. Do come back and let us know how you get on.
  • juju10
    Options
    Yes I will do thank you 🙏 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,666 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That 6 weeks could be up to 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.