If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bank holiday payments

Options
mrf1
mrf1 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Due to her majesty's funeral on the 19th, anyone that gets any benefits due to be paid on that date, is it still normal or earlier, as there's nothing on the dwp website,? Thank you.

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Will be Friday this week. Nothing will be showing yet as the Bank Holiday was only announced on Saturday when DWP don’t work as usual. 
  • mrf1
    Options
    bg844 said:
    Will be Friday this week. Nothing will be showing yet as the Bank Holiday was only announced on Saturday when DWP don’t work as usual. 
    Thankyou for your kind reply.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,196 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Usually payments are received on the last working day before a bank holiday. As this bank holiday has only recently been announced, i don't think there's been any confirmation on whether payment would be early. For payment to be Friday, they would need to change the date on when payments are sent. Whether they can acheive this, i really don't know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mrf1
    Options
    Usually payments are received on the last working day before a bank holiday. As this bank holiday has only recently been announced, i don't think there's been any confirmation on whether payment would be early. For payment to be Friday, they would need to change the date on when payments are sent. Whether they can acheive this, i really don't know.
    Thank you for your kind reply,  thats what I thought too. Only other thing is that everyone due Monday,  gets paid Tues, because it would have gone in but not cleared, there will be loads of people, plus a lot of phone calls,. The system should be automated. ...
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,804 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I suspect that payments won't be made early, as they are for planned bank holidays, but you never know.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• mrf1
    Options
    woodbine said:
    I suspect that payments won't be made early, as they are for planned bank holidays, but you never know.
    Thank-you. For your kind reply. I'll ring them Friday,  see what they say, money doesn't matter in a time like like this, it's very sad, me and my wife went to the town hall to sign book of condolence today, I do have mental health problems, I don't know if anyone I could have a chat with maybe tomorrow,  it's just regarding mental health services as I feel very fobbed off. I'm alright. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,138 Scope online community team
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The DWP have confirmed that any payments due on 19th September should be paid on 16th and that their offices and phone lines will be closed on Monday 19th September. Press release can be viewed on the Gov website
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • mrf1
    Options
    The DWP have confirmed that any payments due on 19th September should be paid on 16th and that their offices and phone lines will be closed on Monday 19th September. Press release can be viewed on the Gov website
    Thank-you very much
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ah, really thankful we have the insightful and lovely @Adrian_Scope to help us all out. Good luck everyone. 

If anyone needs any further support please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • mrf1
    Options
    Thankyou .L_Volunteer said:
    Ah, really thankful we have the insightful and lovely @Adrian_Scope to help us all out. Good luck everyone. 

If anyone needs any further support please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are all here for you  :)

• mrf1
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @mrf1. How are you at the moment?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • mrf1
    Options
    I'm OK thanks,  people are really good on this site, 
  • mrf1
    Options
    The staff on the site are wonderful 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for that lovely feedback @mrf1 I'm so glad you're finding the community helpful :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.