If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Assament

Options
Unkown44
Unkown44 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a phone call about a week ago from a mobile saying she was a nurse at the end of the call she said I’ll hear within 4 weeks it lasted 44 mins.has anyone had the same I feel that it shouldn’t of been a mobile number and a 08 number. 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Unkown44 and thanks for reaching out this morning. I can understand why that might be a little worrying for you. 

I've marked your post as unanswered which should help other members share their thoughts with you. When you first answered the call, did the nurse explain why she was calling? And how did you find the assessment questions?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Unkown44 Hello, I'm just checking in to see how you are doing?

Have you heard anything since the telephone call about your PIP claim? If not, there's still plenty of time so no cause for immediate concern. Also, do you happen to know which provider is carrying out your assessment? 

Capita states on it's website that it's telephone assessments are carried out via 0808 numbers (read 'Your telephone assessment'). However, there could be a number of explanations as to why you were contacted via mobile and if you are still worried, I'd recommend contacting the PIP helpline to confirm the call was legitimate.

The government's 'Contact the Disability Service centre' webpage advises to contact the PIP helpline use:

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
    Find out about call charges

Please let us know how you get on and good luck with your claim. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.