Hi, my name is ta_x! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ta_x!

Options
ta_x
ta_x Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello.  I chose "ta_x", as it is 'ta' with a kiss (x)! 

I keep myself busy during the day with an aspirational tax/accountancy business!   

My goal is to be remembered for my contribution (being a valued member of society). and not my condition (schizophrenia). 

I crave the dignity of being a valued human being, as I know first hand the stigma that surrounds the condition.

It is time to ditch the label and to be brave in the face of professional and personal challenge - a sort of intellectual jujitsu move!  I am not saying it will be easy, however I think the time is right to push the boundaries of what we can all accept as normal.

Thank you for the opportunity to share.

ta.x.

Comments

• Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Good morning @ta_x welcome to the online community and I like your choice of username ! I think all your goals and ambitions will resound with everyone here in the online community and thank you for expressing them so eloquently.  Can I ask you what make you take the plunge and join the community ? Is there anything in particular you would like to ask ?

If you'd like to have a look at the rest of the forum, you can find all the latest conversations in our recent discussions category, all the different topics in our categories page, and you may find the  discussions in our disability rights category very interesting. You can also  meet and chat with other members over in our virtual coffee lounge too.

Let us know if you need a hand with anything, and I hope you enjoy spending time here.

Take care 
    Sue 

Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.