Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi everyone

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
Although I am looking forward to tomorrow, I am worried about going to the open day for a card shop as I am worried that my asthma will make an unwelcome appearance as likes to do, but when it does that it takes me ages to regain control of my breathing. 
Does anyone have any advice on the best way to keep my asthma in check whilst getting the information I need from the open day. 
The open day is at the place where I go to see my key worker. 
The other thing is that the branch of the card shop that needs the staff is quite a small shop as its in the local shopping centre and I've been in there as a customer to look for cards for my family and friends and even then I was glad when I was out of the shop as I was getting quite warm and I dread how I'm gonna feel if I worked there as any sudden change in weather and/or temperature can trigger my asthma.
I did email my key worker to let her know that I wasn't interested in the job at the Card Factory (the card shop that's holding the open day), but I don't know if she got my email or if she's just ignored it. 
I would rather work in Boots than a tiny shop that I get too hot in as a customer as its a lot cooler in Boots with it being a much larger shop. 

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.