Bucket list — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bucket list

Options
Phillfroggy
Phillfroggy Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
Good day scope community 🙂
I know we all have different illnesses/disabilities That prevents us from doing certain things,But do any of you have a bucket list where there’s like one or a few things you would really love to do before we enter them pearly gates in the sky. Mine are listed below but being truthful I think I’d probably do one or two the others or I wouldn’t be brave enough to do or some of my illnesses would prevent me from. Please join in for fun I’m looking forward to seeing what others have on their list 🙂🙂

1. Get a passport and go abroad (43 never owned one).
2. learn to drive 
3. hold a tarantula Or a snake or if brave enough both lol.

Things I’d like to do but wouldn’t be allowed due to health reasons.
1. skydive/Parachute jump.
2. Bungee jump.
3. Win an argument with a women 😝😂

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 174 Listener
    Options
    Go to Universal Studios in the US.
    Emigrate to Japan

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think they are great goals and seem realistic. I hope you are able to achieve them one day.

I like your idea of splitting it into achievable goals and ones which are just a dream.

I think mine would be:

1. Study a degree
    2. Travel a bit
    3. Get a job

And things I couldn't do for health reasons:

1. Fly a plane
    2. Join the RAF or any of the armed services as a pilot
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My achievable ones are 

Go on road trip through Europe and USA 

Retire to Spain or Cyprus.

Live long enough to see my son married and give me a grandchild 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @janer1967 I hope you would rent a Mustang when you go to the USA. :sunglasses:
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Good day scope community 🙂
    I know we all have different illnesses/disabilities That prevents us from doing certain things,But do any of you have a bucket list where there’s like one or a few things you would really love to do before we enter them pearly gates in the sky. Mine are listed below but being truthful I think I’d probably do one or two the others or I wouldn’t be brave enough to do or some of my illnesses would prevent me from. Please join in for fun I’m looking forward to seeing what others have on their list 🙂🙂

1. Get a passport and go abroad (43 never owned one).
    2. learn to drive 
    3. hold a tarantula Or a snake or if brave enough both lol.

Things I’d like to do but wouldn’t be allowed due to health reasons.
    1. skydive/Parachute jump.
    2. Bungee jump.
    3. Win an argument with a women 😝😂

You missed "sensible" (as in argument) out ;) That`s both of us in trouble now :D

• Cartini
    Options
    I`d love to do a parachute jump. 
    I, along with the class of sailors I was in, spent a few days with the Red Devils learning how to jump and land correctly (long story why we ended up doing parachute training).  We were supposed to a jump at the end of the training, but the weather wasn`t good enough, so it never happened :(
    I`d love to do a refresher and do a jump, but even with the canopies that can help a softer landing, I don`t think my spine would thank me.
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    I’d love to travel to the Moon and look back at Earth. My name is etched on Perseverance, which is on Mars at the moment, I think that’s the only way I’ll end up in travelling in space.
    Mongolia has always fascinated me, would love to go there, hunt with eagles and live the nomad lifestyle horse riding. 
    More realistically I’d love to have grandchildren, watch this space.
    Volunteer in a donkey sanctuary.
    We went with my niece doing a parachute jump @Cartini with the Black Knights, she did a static jump, you jump on your own and the parachute automatically opens, it was fantastic to watch, wouldn’t have the guts to do it myself though. 
  • Cartini
    Options
    Karen7788 said:
    I’d love to travel to the Moon and look back at Earth. My name is etched on Perseverance, which is on Mars at the moment, I think that’s the only way I’ll end up in travelling in space.
    Mongolia has always fascinated me, would love to go there, hunt with eagles and live the nomad lifestyle horse riding. 
    More realistically I’d love to have grandchildren, watch this space.
    Volunteer in a donkey sanctuary.
    We went with my niece doing a parachute jump @Cartini with the Black Knights, she did a static jump, you jump on your own and the parachute automatically opens, it was fantastic to watch, wouldn’t have the guts to do it myself though. 
    I`ll bet she was buzzing after the jump.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,436 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They all sound great, I don't have any myself
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    I would like to go on a cruise trip, go to comic con and watch Matilda the musical at London West End. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m the same as @Sandy_123
    Quite difficult to think.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is a great thread @Phillfroggy thanks for starting it! I think one of my things on my bucket list would have to be:

Seeing the Pyramids, Cairo and the Grand Egyptian Museum (and Abu Simbel if I can fit it in)- I was lucky enough to visit the south of Egypt in my youth, but have always wanted to return to the north, especially with the new museum open :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Phillfroggy
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    I think they are great goals and seem realistic. I hope you are able to achieve them one day.

I like your idea of splitting it into achievable goals and ones which are just a dream.

I think mine would be:

1. Study a degree
    2. Travel a bit
    3. Get a job

And things I couldn't do for health reasons:

1. Fly a plane
    2. Join the RAF or any of the armed services as a pilot
    Hi mustang what subject for a degree would you study for  ? Traveling sounds great. I hope when your able you find a job you have a passion for.
  • Phillfroggy
    Options
    Go to Universal Studios in the US.
    Emigrate to Japan

Kerry both of them sound amazing 🙂
  • Phillfroggy
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    My achievable ones are 

Go on road trip through Europe and USA 

Retire to Spain or Cyprus.

Live long enough to see my son married and give me a grandchild 
    Having a grandchild will be awesome…. I myself am looking forward to that but my 2 children (young adults) are concentrating on work and what to be as financially healthy as possible before they start a family… thou my sons partner  has said she’s like a baby around 25-30 . Europe and USA road trip could be fun. I’m sure you will achieve all of your list 🙂
  • Phillfroggy
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    They all sound great, I don't have any myself
    Surely you at least 1 🙂
  • Phillfroggy
    Options
    This is a great thread @Phillfroggy thanks for starting it! I think one of my things on my bucket list would have to be:

Seeing the Pyramids, Cairo and the Grand Egyptian Museum (and Abu Simbel if I can fit it in)- I was lucky enough to visit the south of Egypt in my youth, but have always wanted to return to the north, especially with the new museum open :)
    The pyramids have always amazed me.. They are an architectural masterpiece and it still amazes me how they manage to construct these huge monuments back then when they didn’t have cranes or have the machinery.
  • Phillfroggy
    Options
    I would like to go on a cruise trip, go to comic con and watch Matilda the musical at London West End. 
    Hi Chloe I think I’d also like to go on a cruise … love the movie Matilda seeing it live would be amazing I hope you get to do both 🙂
  • Phillfroggy
    Options
    Cartini said:
    I`d love to do a parachute jump. 
    I, along with the class of sailors I was in, spent a few days with the Red Devils learning how to jump and land correctly (long story why we ended up doing parachute training).  We were supposed to a jump at the end of the training, but the weather wasn`t good enough, so it never happened :(
    I`d love to do a refresher and do a jump, but even with the canopies that can help a softer landing, I don`t think my spine would thank me.
    I bet that was a brilliant day but also a little upsetting at the end due to the weather stopping you doing the actual jump. Maybe go to the airdrome I know they have multiple locations around the uk it’s skydiving but indoors 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.