PIP Appeal and COL payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal and COL payment

Options
spacebun
spacebun Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone

It’s late, I know 😅

I’ve been trying to have my PIP awarded after a review dating back over a year. Finally able to make an appeal about a month ago and DWP have until 7th October to respond.

However I just received a payment of £150 with a COL reference. I’ve looked all over and the only thing I can link this to is the disability payment. 

I know the best thing to do is to ring PIP and see what updates they may have. But the only thing I can think is that DWP don’t want to go to the tribunal stage and that I have been awarded PIP.

What do you all think? Just speculation I know, but I’m excited they might have realised that I still qualify for it 😅

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Does that mean you're not currently getting PIP and weren't getting it in May this year? If you were getting it in May then that's why you got the payment. I hope though that it's because they reversed their decision!! <3
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,720 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    25th May was the qualifying date to receive the payment, if you got a PIP payment for that date then that would be why.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • spacebun
    Options
    I wasn't receiving it in May, but the review began April 2021, so it could be that they reversed their decision and it's because I should've received it then? Waiting for the PIP helpline to open so I can check 
  • spacebun
    Options
    I feel silly now...I was receiving it in May as the claim finished in June

At least I got an update to say that they haven't responded to my Appeal yet - they have until 7th October

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.