Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Frustrated with my psychiatrist

Options
bluefox
bluefox Community member Posts: 640 Pioneering
So I have told my psychiatrist to that my ex partner is the one who knows me the most, having known me for 16 years now but in a letter to my GP he said he was going to write that he was my partner. I specifically told him he is my ex partner and now my friend and we have been friends for years with a solid living arrangement that works for us both and live single lives with myself having a new partner. 

Now will this impact my benefits if it’s seen in my medical records? I am writing to him to clarify the situation, as I find it extremely annoying when things aren’t written factually. 

But I’m worried about this kind of writing coming back to haunt me!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Haven’t we been here before? You can live with an ex partner while living separate lives, lots of people do. 
    As you said yourself you have a new partner. It’s not going to affect your benefits as you were previously advised. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bluefox
    Options
    Haven’t we been here before? You can live with an ex partner while living separate lives, lots of people do. 
    As you said yourself you have a new partner. It’s not going to affect your benefits as you were previously advised. 
    Yeah but what would the DWP think if they saw that in my medical records? And not only that I told UC that he was ‘my friend’ - welfare rights said this is fine but I still question it. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    bluefox said:
      welfare rights said this is fine
    Completely agree with them.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bluefox
    Options
    bluefox said:

I just find it all very stressful. I hate it when doctors and health professionals don’t listen to what you’re saying and report incorrect information. It really winds me up. 

So it’s okay to live with an ex as a friend and claim for UC element of housing?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    bluefox said:
    bluefox said:

So it’s okay to live with an ex as a friend and claim for UC element of housing?
    Indeed it is because as you said yourself, you are not a couple. There's really nothing further to add other than what was advised in great detail in a previous thread.

• bluefox
    Options
    Thank you as always, poppy. 

I need to ask the psychiatrist to change the letter wording. I don’t think my current partner would be very happy!! 

I found an interesting little article on the web actually which shows how doctors and psychiatrists often describe people and the way they dress etc and their hair and it has no relevance. I can’t understand why they lie at times or misunderstand. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.