Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Will I qualify for the second cost of living payment?

Options
Northfleet66
Northfleet66 Scope Member Posts: 38 Listener
edited October 2022 in Cost of living
I requested some info about the 2nd cost of living payment I got the first payment as I was claiming UC and new style esa with my partner I’m now claiming on my own and get ESA contribution and LWCRA I have been informed I will not qualify for the 2nd payment as the LWCRA canels out the UC and because I get contribution esa I will not get the payment

Is this info correct can somebody please help me

Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't know what you mean by this.
    I have been informed I will not qualify for the 2nd payment as the LWCRA canels out the UC
    LCWRA is part of UC. If you receive any payments from UC then it's likely you will be entitled to the £324. However, the full criteria hasn't yet been announced.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Northfleet66
    Options
    Ok thank you I’m being told LWCRA is new style esa 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ok thank you I’m being told LWCRA is new style esa 

That's not correct, it is part of UC. Support Group is part of ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Northfleet66
    Options
    I get that but they are saying it’s the new esa and new esa are not entitled confusing 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I get that but they are saying it’s the new esa and new esa are not entitled confusing 

Do you receive any Universal Credit at all? New style ESA doesn't entitle you to the CoL payment of £324.
  • Northfleet66
    Options
    I get £127 a month 
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I get £127 a month 

Thanks. So your benefits are New style ESA and UC then tops up your income by £127/month. This means you maybe entitled to the £324 but the qualifying criteria hasn't been announced yet. You will need to take a look when they announce it.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your UC maximum entitlement will include standard element and LCWRA element. Your New style ESA will be deducted in full. There must also be some other deductions for other things (possibly advance payment) from your UC.
  • Northfleet66
    Options
    Yes they award £334 UC and £354 LWCRA then take away £509 for esa and £34.90 for advances giving me £127.94 monthly payment from UC so I see what you mean I do get a UC payment so should get the COL payment

thankbyou
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.