If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Missed Calls, could it be pip?

Options
SausageDogTMH
SausageDogTMH Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
Hi everyone. I started my claim for pip back in February, got turned down and MR turned down. Started tribunal process, dwp should of responded by 14th September but still nothing. Rang tribunal phone line today to ask what's going on and they said dwp have 21 day extension and I will be contacted via email when the has elapsed etc. About and hour ago I had a missed call from private number, then another straight after and finally a third straight after that and no voicemails left. Each call said private number. My question is, do dwp still call from private numbers and would they have left a voicemail if it was pip? 
I have severe anxiety with answering the phone, hence the reason I couldn't answer, but now I am very anxious. 
Thank you 

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It could of been as they do call from unknown numbers and no they don’t always leave voicemails. You may get a text message, some people do.

It could be something completely different too.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    DWP used to withhold their number but they haven't done that for quite sometime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SausageDogTMH
    Options
    Thank you both for your help. I usually get private number calls from the hospital but they usually will ring once and leave a voicemail and then I will work myself up to ring back. So it was just weird it kept ringing with no voicemail. I havent had any calls from dwp since I started my application, only one I've had was from capita accessor and that was private number but I was expecting the call. 
    I'm half hoping they will call back tomorrow so I can try to answer the phone but dreading another call at the same time. I will try and call if I dont get another but the thought of being on hold so long fills me with dread. 
    Thank you both again.
  • SausageDogTMH
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456 , perhaps just wishful thinking on my part and it was someone else calling then. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.