Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is jerome and I am 18 - will I be eligible for PIP?

Options
jeromestephens4
jeromestephens4 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I suffer with severe depression, anxiety and mood swings. These issues have effected having a job, going out, relationships and personal hygiene. I have had two jobs that have not last more than two days due to my anxiety, during my shifts I would begin to sweat, my chest would tighten and I would feel like I was about to vomit and I also sometimes froze when customers would speak to me. My depression has affected me lot with maintaining my personal hygiene because most days I think what’s the point, family members sometimes have come round to make sure I have ate, bathed and that my house clean. Sometimes  I do not eat for days because I do not want to leave the house to get food because i have panic attacks or sometimes due to my depression, meaning that my sister has to come round and go/take me shopping so I don’t feel as bad. My mood swing have effected my relationships with some family Members and friends, I would be happy one minute and the next I would be sad or sometimes angry for  no reason. All three issues are really affect my life. Am on currently unemployed claiming universal credit as I really can’t work but I am struggling to get by financially, I do not want to have to keep relying on my family members. Will I be eligible for PIP?

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.