If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

So happy

Options
VickiTa52863839
VickiTa52863839 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So happy to have received my text today. Rang and had the confirmation it was approved on Friday and it is enhanced for both. First payment 25th November and backpay coming this week. Come on the perfect day, today should be my payday but my employer are no longer paying me sick pay so really needed PIP to continue surviving whilst getting the help I need.

Thank you to this forum I couldn't have coped without reading other people's stories. 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congrats on winning your award
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news and thanks for sharing 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,734 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @VickiTa52863839 Hurray and thank you so much for posting to let us know. It can give others reading, who are still struggling with the PIP application process, some much needed hope.

Our members are a great, knowledgeable bunch and I'm so pleased you got what you were entitled to  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ollyoyster
    Ollyoyster Community member Posts: 348 Pioneering
    Options
    Awwww fantastic news 😊👌
  • carcari
    carcari Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    Brilliant news 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,131 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well done excellent news !

2024 Election won

• jaffacake
    jaffacake Community member Posts: 70 Connected
    Options
    Congratulations 
  • Queenv27
    Queenv27 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Options
    So happy to have received my text today. Rang and had the confirmation it was approved on Friday and it is enhanced for both. First payment 25th November and backpay coming this week. Come on the perfect day, today should be my payday but my employer are no longer paying me sick pay so really needed PIP to continue surviving whilst getting the help I need.

Thank you to this forum I couldn't have coped without reading other people's stories. 
    Am happy for you, now you can relax.
  • VickiTa52863839
    VickiTa52863839 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hey all thank you for your kind words. My award was awarded on Friday and I got the text on Monday. I know it's 3 to 5 days to receive the backpay money but does anyone have any ideas when this might roughly be? 

Got bills on Friday so really hoping it comes by then. 
  • carcari
    carcari Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    I had my text Monday to. So I rang DWP and they confirmed my payment will be in Thursday 3 Nov hope this helps.. have you tired calling the automated line this does tell you the date you'll be paid
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really pleased for you @VickiTa52863839. I can imagine this was a relief for you! 

Has the payment come yet? I hope it has but please feel free to keep us in the loop and let us know if you need any support in the meantime  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experiences and tips with us @carcari. I am sure your experiences and tips will be invaluable for people experiencing similar things.

Also, I am really pleased for you. I can imagine this was a relief for you too  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.